Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if so could you guys tell me your experience, i was thinkin about doing some south of the border driving with an xb. howabout the mexican speed bumbs does it make it over them ok? so yea thanx!

·
Registered
240 Posts
well i wouldnt advise that you drive your box there...i drove my "battle" van and lets just say it took a beating from the "NO joke 4 3ft pot holes" and the drivers there well lets just say there are no driving rules for them...but if you do decide to take the box there make sure to get some mexican insurance...

·
Registered
70 Posts
We took a lowered Tahoe to Ensenada and the roads there are brutal, a lot of them are not even paved. The main roads are fair but the back roads are terrible. I would not take an xB down there unless I had no choice and if I did drive the xB down there I would make sure to stay on the main roads.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Don't do it...

It's been quite a while since I drove in Mexico, but I would NEVER take anything but a big, tough beater down there, and I'd be VERY sure I had Mexican insurance.

Tom

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Well, I am glad this topic came up, because we were toying with the idea of driving down to Mazatlan in September to save some money on airfare (can't really afford the airfare for 4) ... now, that's looking like a bad idea from you people's experience. :(

·
Registered
813 Posts
I took my Scion to Mex almost a year ago, had no problems with it...evertyone just starred at it and wondering what the heck it was....

·
Registered
194 Posts
that's the same thing that happened to us when we went to Canada :D

one guy actually sat through a green light staring at our box LoL

·
Registered
179 Posts
Go at your own risk man. My friend drove there...got his car taken by some dirty cops who made him pay $1000 US money to give it back. They didnt even impound it. They just claim some bs that he had drugs, etc. Neither of us smoke or do drugs. Pretty stupid. It was so obvious what they wanted. Anyways, just dont do it.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Sounds like some people have had problems, and some people have been fine. It's certainly worth the consideration of what could POSSIBLY happen. Either go prepared, or if the risk isn't worth it, then make other arrangements.

·
Registered
66 Posts
depending on what part of mexico you go to .. I used to have a house out there and wouldnt even think about taking my box down there. Rosarito or Tj are soooo corrupt right now that it is the worst possible time to go down there.. lots of corruption... Trust me ...

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
with the current election results I would not be driving down there at all. then again I boycotted mexico a long time ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:D omg you guys are such babies, I live in San Diego and have driven my 2001 Z06 Corvette in Tijuana and Mexicali with no problems. The nice thing is they always park my Vette by the front door of any restaurant or bar I go to.

·
Registered
201 Posts
lol in mexico where ever a C5 vette goes it raises the property value signifigantly..

and u say 2001 Z06

didnt on vettes Z06 debut in 2004?

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
if you haven't made up your mind yet, add me to the "don't do it!!!" list. I've been there a few times with friends and family and all we ever take is a truck. A not too fancy truck at that! It all depends on where you are going, but you can bet the roads to get there will be a pain in the ass reguardless.
If you do go with the xB, keep an eye on it at all times. Autos are BIG business down there and someone would be more than happy to take your wheels/parts/entire car and vanish into thin air

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.