Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Lexus IS passing by with LED light in the rear license plate.
Can that be done on xB? If so, which light bulbs should i get?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Check with Kartel, he has a neon plate holder. I haven't seen lights "in" the actual plate itself.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah.. sorry.. :eek: i should have been more clear... I did not mean lights in the license plate itself but when you turn on the headlight, there are lights that illuminate near the hatch to show license plate at night... Now, the new Lexus IS has bluish light that illuminates at night instead of traditional white...

Hope this clears up... :D :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
daramg said:
Ah.. sorry.. :eek: i should have been more clear... I did not mean lights in the license plate itself but when you turn on the headlight, there are lights that illuminate near the hatch to show license plate at night... Now, the new Lexus IS has bluish light that illuminates at night instead of traditional white...

Hope this clears up... :D :D
Gotcha, haven't seen it but sounds like I may be working on a new mod here in the near future. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
hayalex6 said:
Yeah I have LED's for license plate lights. I'll take pics tomorrow night, once I find my camera.
So I won't be the first...oh well...still sounds cool. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking forward to the pic!! Few questions....

which bulb did you use?
How was the install?
Is the light bright enough like the Lexus?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
daramg said:
Looking forward to the pic!! Few questions....

which bulb did you use?
How was the install?
Is the light bright enough like the Lexus?

Thanks!
The bulb I used is a 194 wedge type bulb. It has 4 diodes on each bulb.

Installation: Unscrew 1 phillips head, pop out the old bulb, and put the new one back in, screw back in.

I haven't payed enough attention to the Lexus' lights when I saw them, so I have no idea. All I know is that the one's I installed are crazy bright.

Here's a link to where you can buy these: http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-33223.cfm

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.