Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D so im thinking on getting some rust-o-leums from home depot tomorrow to paint my center console... i already have it black but i want something diff... any suggestionS?? (fyi my box is blue onyx pearl):D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Got any updated ‘pics?

Do you have seat covers, or any other interior mods? How about lights? Is anything painted in your engine?

Otherwise, if you just want suggestions, florescent dayglow pink. j/k! :)

How about a really deep blue? Or maybe something kind of metallic or textured?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I have heard many people say something about fusion paint....I think it's made by krylon...I'm not exactly sure, but any of those who have painted theirs please post up what you used, it would be a great help to those who haven't painted yet.

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have seat covers, or any other interior mods? How about lights? Is anything painted in your engine?

Otherwise, if you just want suggestions, florescent dayglow pink. j/k! :)

How about a really deep blue? Or maybe something kind of metallic or textured?
Insinde i have some blue cathodes under the dashboard... my seats are stock but i think imma go with a dark blue to match the exterior... everything that was gray shall be blue.. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
paint

i have my dash painted and i used krylon fusion and then a clear finish coat and it looks pretty good i mean for my first time ever doin it here is some pics.
i also have my guage cluster part painted white as well but dont have pics but you can imagine the delight hehe:) :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
.....*wince*.....

sorry i just gotta wince a bit whenever someone breaks out the old rattle can for anything....

let me know if i can help with paint. i only use automotive urethane. and the best in flex coats, and adhesion promoters. i can also help with some fiberglass and composites molding on a small scale... but if ya think the rattle can is good....wait till ya play with an airbrush;)

just an idea...and my cheesy two cents;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would be leery of Rustoleum on plastics. I think there are better choices. SEM has some interior plastic paints that are good. I would use Krylon before rustoleum, most rustoleum enamels I have used dry to slowly, faster dry times will help you on this project. The ideal of course is a Professional refinish product made specifically for auto interior plastic (PPG DIU for example). In any case adhesion promotor first (I think Bulldog comes in a rattle can perhaps). Then paint.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bulldog Rocks!!! comes in rattle can or their "3-in-1" comes by the quart!

my best source near you is coast airbrush in anaheim. ask for dave, and tell him what ya wanna do and he'll hook ya up with the best advice and products. and best of all their prices are pretty good. i'm in phoenix and i still buy most of my paint and supplies from them they are cheaper even with the shipping.

but they are online too
coastairbrush.com

·
Scion 100,000 mile club
3,481 Posts
I used the Krylon fusion on some of the plastics on my civic i was really happy with the results, wanna do the same thing to the xb just need the time and figure which color to go with

·
Registered
224 Posts
int paint

Three letters for ya
SEM
any good body supply will have the stuff by the can.
most important is prep work "degrease it" preps all,

:D so im thinking on getting some rust-o-leums from home depot tomorrow to paint my center console... i already have it black but i want something diff... any suggestionS?? (fyi my box is blue onyx pearl):D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Just take it to a bodyshop and get it done right.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hmm doing it with sem is doing it right? By going to a body shop your just paying sombody else to do it for ya.
But hey too each his own.
I try to do my own stuff for years built many old chevs, corvette's camaro's etc. motor jobs, trani jobs ,exhaust brakes, fuel lines, why pay sombody else It's like therapy for me.

:D
Just take it to a bodyshop and get it done right.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
By going to a body shop your just paying sombody else to do it for ya.
But hey too each his own.

But I work at a bodyshop and done everything on my own. I've spent almost 5K for 15K worth of work on my box by doing everything myself. Everything from Crank Pulley to Lexus Tail lights and custom everything.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
one day im going to come to Houston just to see your car. its like the "worlds largest ball of yarn" one of those things im going to have to see in person.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmm doing it with sem is doing it right? By going to a body shop your just paying sombody else to do it for ya.

Yup. I use SEM paints in my body shop all the time, for bumpers sometimes, for exterior black trim (SEM's trim black is a good match for this and weathers well), and for some interior items. If you need a color that isn't available in SEM, I then recommend PPG DIU (interior urethane). DIU drys semi gloss altho it could be clearcoated as well. If you want gloss tho you are better off using regular basecoat clear coat. Remember always use adhesion promoter on unpainted plastics for best results.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Krylon Fusion all the way for me.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
This is what I used

Well it wont let me copy the file attached so here is the thread. There is a can of it down towards the bottom. I also just painted my grille with the same stuff, just in a satin black. IMO its is worth the few extra dollars because of the quality of the spray bomb.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f29/3920-turned-out-better-than-i-thought/

·
Registered
224 Posts
I dont follow ya padanky what do you mean but i work at a body shop?
thats good to do it yourself is'nt that what i just said? it's all good!

But I work at a bodyshop and done everything on my own. I've spent almost 5K for 15K worth of work on my box by doing everything myself. Everything from Crank Pulley to Lexus Tail lights and custom everything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.