Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking...have not seen squatt yet...only whats been released by the press...has anyone gone to it yet and come back as of yet?...i need real shots by real people on this thing...magazines glamour them all up and the like...i want a real world photo to decide on the old or new model...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well since no one has posted anything up as of yet...i guess im resorted to go to the chicago auto show pics that were taken...and i have to say...these other pics dont make it look too bad at all...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Scion unveiled the all-new 2008 xB urban utility vehicle during a press conference today at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show. Engineers increased the wheelbase by 4-inches, the overall length by a foot, the overall width by almost 3-inches and decreased overall height more than an inch to give the xB a more comfortable ride. For '08, the xB revised exterior styling include soft angles, high beltline, pronounced fenders, elongated headlamps, inset taillights, and single rear backup light on the left bumper. Rear windows are tinted, turn signals integrated into the side mirrors, and the 16-inch steel wheels are 1-inch larger than the previous generation. The lounge-like interior provides 29.1 cubic feet of cargo area behind the rear seats, an increase of nearly 8-cubic feet from the previous generation xB. A 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine generates 158 horses, 55 more than the ’07 model, and comes mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 3-speed automatic with sequential shifting.

HONESTLY...it doesnt look that bad at all...those stock crap pics from the car mags never do cars justice...and i actually like these real time photos...it doesnt seem to sit as high as i first thought it would....

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
man, everytime I see that gas door, I just see a bad custom job or something. that angle doesn't match the fender

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I've heard around 15k for the xD and 17k for the new xB2. Those aren't the true prices, but I can see them at least being a couple k higher than the xA/xB.

If we're going off the bone stock prices, it's possible the xD is no longer the *standard 12,860 xA price and it's moreso around 14,500. The *standard 14,086 xB price would possibly be 16,500. Again, I am in no way affiliated with Scion, and those are just figures of what I've heard from people who went to Miami.

* Prices of what I get as bone stock figures from Scion.com

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
BTW, I was gonna go to the CAS. I got internet tickets. They are available to people at a slight discount to anyone that wants to go.

I decided against going since C&D leaked the pics. To me, there was no reason to go after that since the models were readily available to be seen. ALSO, scion.com/nextgen also has the models. Someone else linked that, and I looked. It feels legit.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with that color and wheels and light ground effects kits...the car does a complete 180 in my book...it was only bland looking before...but now with the changes made in this pic...it totally looks acceptable...they stated on the local news here that the new model is due to go on sale in APRIL...thats per scion themselves...obviously here in chicago...they delt out alot more info that most channels or mags have yet to put out...

so my goal today is to go to elgin toyota and drive a 1st gen...im prolly getting it in auto...i can drive stick...thats not a prob...but seeing that economy is better in the auto on the hwy...then im going for that...besides...only sports cars should be stick in my book...this is not a sports car...i mean for 14k out the door, not including tax and crap...its a sure fire deal to me....i dont like hearing that they are bumping up pricing on the new model...i dont care what motor it has...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Oliver Santos posted up some of his pics on the other site. You can find them over there.

BTW, the /nextgen site is legit. It's not supposed to be leaked yet though because some of the stuff on there is 100% wrong (the exterior dimensions work out so that the car is about 6.5 inches tall...). The site is supposed to be a teaser for DEALERS so they can have something to talk to their customers about.

The /nextgen site is the one I was referencing in my post in the 2nd gen lounge.

-Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.