Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got lucky today and pulled up into a parking lot and really didn't notice the curb, like usual, and got really close this time.
I guess this is one time I'm glad I didn't get the DF210's instead of my Tein S's because I would have needed a new lip for sure.
Was kinda hesitant about backing up at first, but smooth and easy saved me.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I would've been fucked!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
that is sexy it is sooooooo close. Like it was made for it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've done that too. Had the wife jump in the drivers seat and I had to pull up on the bumper from outside. I feel for you, it sucks. I did mine shortly after getting it when I was use to driving truck.

·
Registered
158 Posts
that was a pretty close call there!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Be very happy you don't weigh any more than you do. A few more pounds and you would have kissed it. Close call. :eek:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Robert, are you stopping by tonight to pick up your frame brace?

Nevermind, you are downstairs. LOL

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yikes! Man, I'm glad I always make sure I don't pull into a parking spot quickly. Most of the time, there's at least 2 feet in the front/back of clearance, and whatever they give us as width in the parking space. When I get my new springs installed, I won't be able to park in my favorite places; the end spots with the curbs. Doors will hit them. Yeah, the curbs around here at typically half a foot high....Why? I have no clue, it's retarded and a waste of materials.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The first thing I taught my wife after purchasing the xB was to never pull all the way in to a parking spot. This was before I even dropped her car with the df210s. The xB is a small car. Even small for most compact spaces. If you are conscious about your parking, you will never have problems. The wife now has a habit of parking at least a foot back from parking stops and curbs.

And to date the only scrapes on the front bumper are from random road debris, and or ridiculously steep drive approaches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.