Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Folks

Just sat in an xB and was amazed at the room there is for a tall old fart like me. I do a lot of highway travel and was concerned about the low horsepower output.

Any comments would be apprecited.

Dale Lentz
San Antonio, TX

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I Have Taken A Drive Up To Canada From So. Cal. No Prob At All
When You Put Your Foot In It It Will Go & Damm Good Mpg

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
It has a good power to weight ratio. (Curb weight is about 2500 lbs IIRC)

So the 1.5 is more than enough power for regular driving IMO. Don't let the HP ratings fool ya, go for a test drive!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks. Appreciate your time. Auto Show in town this weekend, I'll take another look and then the real test. My wise old Father taught me 2 ways to drive. All the way on the gas or all the way on the brakes.

Have a Great Day!

Dale

·
Registered
86 Posts
Like DTRAIN said, go for a test drive, Dale! It all depends how you drive sometimes..

In addition, check out the performance section of the forums. Definitely some aftermarket items to consider if you're concerned about HP, merging traffic, putting a fridge inside for those long drives..:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Master Shake - Thanks - I may be old but my right foot is made of lead. Keep the wheels on the road, and stay warm. As our Southern California and Texas friends will agree, Keep the Cold up north. The weather got below 80 in south Texas, so we had to park the cars for the Winter. We'll get them out again once the weather warms up again.

Have Fun but Be Careful.

Dale

·
Registered
9 Posts
Keep it in 3rd around 3 1/2 4 grand youll hit a power band. It's not a sports car or anything, and as long as your not tryin to pull a civic up a hill, it does get some ass in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.