Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time since I posted anything...but I wondered if there were any dj's in this club? I'm starting out and using my xB as the transport. Any advice and discussion...be here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been DJing for about ten years now. Two turntables, amp, speakers fit in fine with the seats turned down. How easy is it to remove the seats? Anyone have a DIY thread on removing the rear seats?

·
Registered
485 Posts
put some sort of protective gaurd on the rear bumper as well. I cant tell you how many times weve had people come in for damaged rear bumpers who did nothing but drop/scrape DJ'ing equipment on it. This is on all cars not just xB's. Thats just my $.02

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
<---dj for 7 years.

And if ther's something that I can apply OVER the lip in the rear, I'm all ears... but that damn sticker that the dealership supplies is a worthess piece of crap... cause all the damage from pulling something out will happen where it tapers down... :mad:

·
Registered
485 Posts
what about that truck bed stuff that you can spray on. Its about as tough as steel. I dont know what its called maybe someone with a pickup can help us out here

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
yeah... but you can't paint your whole bumper with that stuff.. it'd just look silly!

·
Registered
135 Posts
long time dj and somewhat new xb owner here and i will be doing my 1st gig in the xb im wondering if ill be able to fit my 2 community S57's and my grundorf case along with a pair of rental jbl powered speakers and stands
::cringes::
i hope i dont have to rent a vehicle lol

i also dont wanna fubar my scionshoppe seat covers

anyone have my brand speakers and know if it may be doable

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey thanks for the picture of the removed back, that was cool.
but really any advice of companies or technical issues i should think about when purchasing the dj equipment itself?
thanks for getting back at me guys. :)

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
backseatchris said:
what about that truck bed stuff that you can spray on. Its about as tough as steel. I dont know what its called maybe someone with a pickup can help us out here
LineX and Rhino Lining are a couple of the spray on liner brands. Stuff works great, I've known a few people that had that stuff sprayed on and it is literally like armor.

DJArchngl said:
yeah... but you can't paint your whole bumper with that stuff.. it'd just look silly!
They don't have to spray the whole bumper, they can just spray the top portion, and a lot of places can even do colors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so im really gettin ready for my first stuff. i've heard to have at least a 2 channel mixer and direct drive turntables. anything else i should look for/after? how much should i really put into this? what is everyone else using?

·
Registered
612 Posts
It's been awhile for me, so I'm not really up on the current DJ trends other than everybody used CDs now. If you're gonna go vinyl, start out with Technics 1200s - don't cheap out on anything less, and practice mixing before you even think about scratching! Good luck and have fun :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
i got a setup all in a coffin that i just lay in the back w/ the seats folded down. i put (2) self powered speakers on top of the coffin and all my other gear (records, lights, etc) in the remaining space next to the coffin. i just lay a movers blanket down so my interior doesn't get all beat up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.