Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my xB two days ago, brand new (shadow mica automatic).

Now I keep waking up to go check on it outside and make sure no one has touched it, or hit it, or stolen it.

Has anyone else been this protective about their xB? I basically feel as if I should just go live in it for at least a few days.

·
Registered
33 Posts
EmJones after reading a post on these forums about a chop shop that was raided near Sacramento where I live I have been checking on the new ride every time I walk past a front facing window!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
We were that way with our new cars for awhile at first, too, but you'll get over it just like we did! You can't be losing sleep over stuff that you don't know will ever even happen, and that you have no control over anyhow. It's all gonna be okay! :D Too bad you don't have a garage.

(5 months later, I still will find an excuse to go down to the garage to look at my baby car. heh heh)

·
Banned
528 Posts
You should look into a pager alarm, 300 bucks MAX for a good one and you will never have to think twice again. If you get it installed correctly the bad guys cannot cut any wires or any power source to your car/alarm. Give that a try its cheap insurance

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, my wife still can't believe that I actually gutted my garage that has ALWAYS been too full for even a bicycle (it's a little one car garage, and I'm a pack rat) and that I now park my xB in it every single night.

I love that car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
when we got both toasters,had a whale of a garage sale, now the wife checks it at nite to "make sure that they are playing nice"!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
EmJones said:
I bought my xB two days ago, brand new (shadow mica automatic).

Now I keep waking up to go check on it outside and make sure no one has touched it, or hit it, or stolen it.

Has anyone else been this protective about their xB? I basically feel as if I should just go live in it for at least a few days.
It's okay, the xB just gets under your skin like that!

Just came in from looking at ours in the garage........ :eek:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't leave mine just anywhere. At work it has a cover on it to keep the Crows away from the windows. When I go to Wallyworld I park across the street in the raquetball clubs new parking lot. I'm sure they don't mind a cool vehicle in the lot.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I've had mine since November of last year and I still think I hear my alarm gonig off all the time. I just cleaned out half of my garage this past weekend so I am parking inside now! Whoooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh man, I wish I had a garage to clean out. I have to try and convince my neighbors to let me have the one spot for the apartments that isn't on the street.

but right now I am with some friends in Orange County so I just have to park in their apartment lots, and my old car got hit just last week before I got my new xB. source of all anxiety.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
I stored my rims in my car the night before I was going to have them put on. I kept waking up thinking someone was going to steal them. I finally got up and hauled them inside and got some sleep. When I first got my car I had the feeling of wanting to watch it out front just because it was a new car purchase after getting myself out of a $37K debt.

As for insurance... thats for when something happens to it. The feeling is a feeling of pride, joy and the knowledge that you have something you worked hard (or will be working harder for the next 3-4-5 years) for. Insurance doesn't mean a thing to that feeling.

If it makes ya happy I think everyone save one person who seems to have no feelings at all has had those feelings when they first brought their car home. Enjoy it!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've done it. And congrats on the new ride!

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
ThunderGod said:
you're right angie, its my twins that the intruder has to watch out for! double trouble. :eek:
They'll take 'em out with that Kung-Foo/Jujitsu/Karate that is born into their blood from their father the "Master"...lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.