Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Improperly tuned and too much boost.

The main culprit though is the angle of the connecting rod in comparison w/ the piston and crank. And there's nothing that can be done unless you swap motors or have custom rods and pistons made. And at last check that was a minimum of $1,600.00.

·
Registered
179 Posts
squirrel said:
Improperly tuned and too much boost.

The main culprit though is the angle of the connecting rod in comparison w/ the piston and crank. And there's nothing that can be done unless you swap motors or have custom rods and pistons made. And at last check that was a minimum of $1,600.00.
It could easily be much more depending on the quality and reputation of the machine shop.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
rollhard said:
It could easily be much more depending on the quality and reputation of the machine shop.
Of course, of course. The price I mentioned was just for the rods and pistons, and doesn't include anything else. The rods and pistons are from well known companies, but because of its limited sales, it is pricey.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dont forget guys, because EVERYONE who comes here are wondering wth when I tell them its going to cost this and this extra. When you get your motor done, its not just pistons and rods. YOull have to pay for machining, seals, fittings, gaskets, in some cases, a new water pump, oil pump (well atleast I recomend it) belts, tensioners etc. It all adds up real quick. Thats if you want to do it right. Ofcourse you can reuse your old stuff, but....I'm not cutting corners with my engine.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
rollhard said:
Dont forget guys, because EVERYONE who comes here are wondering wth when I tell them its going to cost this and this extra. When you get your motor done, its not just pistons and rods. YOull have to pay for machining, seals, fittings, gaskets, in some cases, a new water pump, oil pump (well atleast I recomend it) belts, tensioners etc. It all adds up real quick. Thats if you want to do it right. Ofcourse you can reuse your old stuff, but....I'm not cutting corners with my engine.
And the oil pan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.