Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tryed the "Search" Botton but could'nt find anything on this question. This question is for the wiring geniuses. If I wanted my Interior lighting to come on when I open the door, with the Dome light, how can that be done.
Thanks
-Chris

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
not an expert....

but i wired my O'sh%T handels direct to dome wires red led wire on pos dome wire and black led wire on other dome wire. i cant remember what color the dome wires are so just touch a spare led to the inside metal on domelight plug (w/door open) to find which is pos :) hope this helps also the leds i used had resistors on them so i did not use a fuse if any of your lighting needs it use a fuse. when i did this my handles turn on when door is open and when it closes it fades away like the dome along w/alarm set:cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I wired my OSH's into the domelight too. I connected the pos and neg wires to the two metal tabs that hold the bulb.

Make sure you use both pos and neg tabs, It won't work if you ground to the body (the lights will stay on all the time), I learned that the hard way!

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I soldered mine to each side of the bulb housing. theres a hole on each side perect for a wire. Good Luck

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
so thats how you wire it... i did mine where its either the dome light on or the LEDs... the switch is on door position so the LEDs are on but when you open the door the dome light turns on and the LEDs off... then close the door and the dome goes off and the LEDs on... then when i want it off i turn it on off position...

i like how it fades when the LEDs turns off...

thanks, i should try to wire mine the same way...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Isolated forward dome light installation

I completely isolated my forward dome light using Mercedes Benz components from a Junque Yard. The forward dome light was out of a '84 300 turbo diesel. The door switch was installed in the drivers side door. A Littel Fuse Add-a-Circuit was in installed next to the OEM lighting fuse. If any of you guys want a set of photos send me your E-mail address.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just be gentle with how much you add to that circuit. if overloaded it fries out a pricey little box that controls the magic fade away.

Hi--I tapped into the wiring harness in the driver's side kick panel. The turn on/off with the door switch,etc...It worked great so I added two more, but...when I was soldering the power wire (red w/yelllow tracer) touched a metal bracket. Now when the door is shut, the dome light and leds stay on. Where is the pricey little box that controls the magic fade located? Any information and details would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SS77

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That little box is the "Door Lock Control Relay" module, and it is located just under the speedo at the top of the dash (you can get to it by pulling the speedo). The little box lists for about $425...

A little more info and some links to lots more info (elsewhere) are here:

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f59/4148-lighting-wiring/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi--thanks for the details Tomas. Wow, a pricey mistake on my part. I'll bet that's what got "fried." I may need to bypass that and wire only into the door jam switches. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.