Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
you said it.

I contacted American Racing and Crager both. I talked to both companies and gave them many examples of Japanese wheel companies, showed them pics of the Works Goo Car Hemis and showed them threads... they didn't bite. their loss, I say.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Thats legit. Thank god James is running the JDM **** rims! lol. (There James, I didnt spoil it for you). WANKSTA. haha. You crack me up son.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you were willing to spend the money you could have any wheel design you want in about 6 weeks. The problem isn't that American wheel companies aren't willing to design cool wheels. It is a matter of being able to do it and be profitable.

Right now, there isn't much of a market for custom offset 4 lug wheels here. Almost everything has moved to 5 lug, and 5 lug designs. If you want a sick, or even one off 4 lug, custom offset design start saving your nickels and dimes.

The one thing you have to remember is that American companies that build cast wheels (like Cragar and American Racing) are going to be the last ones to jump on any band wagon for custom fitment 4 lug designs.

Here is just one example of an available 4 lug design from an American company. $2000 + shipping will get you a set of 18s to your spec.
http://www.billetaccessoriesdirect.com/images/rides/honda.jpg

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Thats legit. Thank god James is running the JDM **** rims! lol. (There James, I didnt spoil it for you). WANKSTA. haha. You crack me up son.
beotch!!! you try crashing your car and then haveing to get rims in like 1 weeks time. i showed you the others i wanted but i just couldn't do it i need to finish the car be done and start saving for other things i need other than car parts. god i hate my xb and just want it done!!!! ahhhh. lol

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So would I. 16x8s, of course.

Sure is a beautiful ride.

why a 16" rim??? for that kinda money you gotta do it baller style. still $700 a rim and only $60 more or so for a 17. I don't think a 16" rim would look right on a xB/bB. Maybe on a WagonRR or Honda Life Dunk.

·
bB Squad
704 Posts
why a 16" rim??? for that kinda money you gotta do it baller style. still $700 a rim and only $60 more or so for a 17. I don't think a 16" rim would look right on a xB/bB. Maybe on a WagonRR or Honda Life Dunk.
That's just how I roll this xB, Jim. Regardless of price.

BTW,
That looks tight, dekthai!

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
First of all: the wheel look super serious! If i had the $$$...
Tastes and styles are different in US and elsewhere. The Bling is hot here now. Just see whats hot in Europe and see the diff. We are still not a very big market here in US, so the demand for those wheels is not high enough.
They remind me of old VW BRM's by the way. Top notch rims!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts