Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
>:}
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an annoying hissing/shhhushing sound that comes from outside the box at random times. It's not a clunk, or a crack, or a click. It's a semi-metallic, hissing sound that can be rather loud. I never know when it's going to arrive or leave. It's always during motion, never hear the sound at a complete stop.
The box is lowered, but the noise has been present through all three variations of suspension modification. I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you have changed to a billet grille with no guard behind it that might be the problem. From what I have seen the two lower ones normally just bolt onto the existing grille there. however the main top one is a full replacement. If u look behind the stock grille there should be a guard behind it. I found that mine was getting to much turbulent air going threw it causing a whistle. Looked and there was no guard. Fabbed up one and nice and quiet. Try taping sum cardboard securely behind it and go for a drive. The one thing that gave it away was highway driving. Going along whistling, pull behind a transport, whistle stops. Hope you find it. But there's always another one that pops up. Noisey boxes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts