Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sick of those drips after you wash your box?

Wrap the mirror housing in plastic wrap. I wash them before wrapping....seems to keep the plastic on better, but I suppose it does not matter a lot.

My neighbors seem to like that better than a leafblower. :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bB626 said:
yeah, compress air is the way to go!
I dont know...I mean, maybe its just the way mine is put together, but after driving, I still got a drip that smeared its way across the door. So I hit it with a MF and some quick detail, then do my shopping or what ever. Hop back in the box, get home and BAM!, there it is again. I used to get it after every drive for the entire day after washing. Sometimes even the next day. I dont know how common it is though, but I have heared it mentioned from numerous people at the Scion club.

My thought was, "Why even get any H2O in there in the first place?". Hence, my plastic wrip idea.

·
Registered
135 Posts
is there anyway to stop the annoying blackish dirt that runs down the doors vertically stating at the mirrors after it rains it drives me nuts ARGH
i want to chemically treat the moulding so it doesnt do that or is that just simply dirt?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lostreception said:
is there anyway to stop the annoying blackish dirt that runs down the doors vertically stating at the mirrors after it rains it drives me nuts ARGH
i want to chemically treat the moulding so it doesnt do that or is that just simply dirt?
I dont get much rain here (SoCal), but I know what you are talking about.

I also wash weekly, so I cant say for sure that the following is the reason why I dont see that stain anymore.

I use Vinylex on all exterior plastic/rubber. I am guessing here, but it seems to seal the plastic and stop the stain. I only noticed the stain the first month of owning my box. After that, I used Vinylex and it has not come back. Heres what I did:

Wash as normal. Wash the platic (non painted part) housing again w/ standard car wash. Wipe dry.

Use Viynlex on a foam applicator, work into plastic using circular motion. Let dry 2-3 minutes. Wipe off excess w/ MF. Repeat until no black is left on MF.

I cant say what, but that Vinylex does SOMETHING to that plastic.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
1LowXB said:
biggest problem i have is the hatch that never stays clean...
The shape of our Box's cause the air from under the vehicle to be pulled up as it passes, bringing all the dirt up and onto the hatch. Mine wasn't that bad when I had the OEM wing on it. The opening in the wing actually forced some air downward and helped to keep the hatch and bumper cleaner. Now that I have a larger wing the dirt buildup is really bad. It's worth it for the look though.

As for the water in the mirrors, I use my vacuum to blow the water out. I plug the hose into the out port and it works great. I also use this on the front grills, gas door, door handles and the rims. It really makes it nice to not have the "wash trails" show up after all that work cleaning the Box.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
when my bus is coming out of the wash they have a air hose and i can blow it off. BEACH & LINCON CAR WASH (shameless plug) :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
short bus said:
when my bus is coming out of the wash they have a air hose and i can blow it off. BEACH & LINCON CAR WASH (shameless plug) :D
Dude, I used to take my cars there back in '87 when I was living on Ball Road. They do a bitchin' job there although you wouldn't think so by looking at the place.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Dude, I used to take my cars there back in '87 when I was living on Ball Road. They do a bitchin' job there although you wouldn't think so by looking at the place.
i will be there after i get my under lights done then its off to H/B

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
short bus said:
i will be there after i get my under lights done then its off to H/B
Sweet! What color lights did you get for the bottom? (sorry for the thread jack)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
water on car it could be worse wax on wax off . I will try plastic rap to

BLUELIGHTS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.