Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
oh.. that one... that was from a few years back.

It's got a lot bling show factor - but all in all, it's not all that CUSTOM.

one-off suspension - ya (not easy) and beyond that, it's mostly just new paint and interior - some stereo work any shop can do.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I hope you were being sarcastic about that not all being custom that was made when xbs were first out and not many parts where available, Its got a pretty crazy airbag set up and it is tucking 19's. Some guys with xbs arent even tucking 18's, and yes i know that not all of you want to and are going for the VIP look. There was also an xb in one of the last truckin magazines ive seen pics of it on the other site but im not sure who it belongs to.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
well i agree with both greg and jay on different levels. it was cool for the time it came out, but in reality there isnt THAT much done to it that is really "custom" in terms of work. besides fiberglass (which ANYONE can do), all it has is paint and suspension. dont get me wrong, its 1000 times better than my car by most peoples standards, but its not that revolutionary. it is dropped low and has a fiberglassed interior, but it doesnt have anything "WOW" on it. its pretty basic stuff in reality. they dont do any crazy mods or anything like that at all on it. so i see where both of you are coming from i guess.

either way, its old news.

scotty

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, that's a bit of old news since that xB has been around for a while. Phil has been featured too, IIRC, in a mini-Trucking mag w/ his Boxzilla.

G

·
Chris Crabtree from Scion Evo - Jax'ville was just in Truck'n magazine with his XB. Very cool article and pictures.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, maybe I'm just easy to please, but it looks pretty cool to me. Of course, I'm rolling on my steelies.

It also backs my contention (mainly with the wife) that the xb is a truck. I certainly think of it as a truck. And I'm about to get a roof rack for mine so I can start hauling lumber since the tranny in my 1977 Ford F100 just went out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah... that xb is from way back. That is the XB that brought me to the idea of cutting out the ass end of my XB to sink my sub enclosure under the vehicle.

I love that box.... and like it was stated b4... i haven't seen another canatliever (sp) bag set up in an xb... and its tuckin 19's and damn near laying body. I love that B

·
Banned
77 Posts
Pumpkinbox said:
It's got a lot bling show factor - but all in all,
it's not all that CUSTOM.

one-off suspension - ya (not easy) and beyond that, it's mostly
just new paint and interior - some stereo work any shop can do.
Scion Scotty said:
in reality there isnt THAT much done to it
that is really "custom" in terms of work. besides fiberglass
(which ANYONE can do)
please... ya i see xB's like that everyday

player hating?? playa hatin??

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
scionetics said:
please... ya i see xB's like that everyday

player hating?? playa hatin??
theres not a whole hell of a lot like mine running around, but that doesnt means mine is all that "custom" . big difference there champ. like Jay said, its something ANY audio shop can do.

scotty

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think he was talking as a car as a whole being custom, and in that case i would consider yours custom scotty, Just because any audio shop can do it means nothing to me, if anybody can do it why doesnt everyone do it then. The car was customized for that shop or owner or whomever. So technically it is custom.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Custom

adj : made according to the specifications of an individual [syn: custom-made, customized, customised]
there im done, official definition from the dictionary

and yes that xb is old news:) but still sweet

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Okay, yeah, mostly paintwork, right? They're promoting a paint shop though so... Also lots of audio work since they're promoting their audio shop to so...

Anyway, two things I had not seen before or since that ride are the gas cap relocation to the rear hatch and the cantilever back end. Both of those are EXTREME hottness. I freakin' LOVE cantilevers in an air bag setup. It just looks good and I LOVE IT when you can have something that has a cool function and it way sweet to look at as well.

Good job resurrecting this one!

-Alex

·
Banned
77 Posts
ScionScotty said:
theres not a whole hell of a lot like mine running around, but that doesnt means mine is all that "custom" . big difference there champ. like Jay said, its something ANY audio shop can do.

scotty

if that isn't custom then wow...
you claim that ANY shop can do it. maybe so..
but how many xb's actually get it done??
give credit to the owner where due instead of hackin away
and talkin crap about it

·
Registered
149 Posts
*shrug* it looks cooler than mine. Not my flavor for my box, but I think it looks cooler.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i gave credit thats a nice car for the purpose. its a show car, but not practical and isnt really that wild. for a show car, kinda weak IMHO. old news though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.