Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my amp(ed nine.1) is jacked up for some reason. It was working Tuesday fine then all of a sudden it just stopped. So I get home and I see I blew a 100 amp fuse. So I go to get another and they are out. So yesterday the biggest I could find at first was an 80, so I bought it. put it in and pop...so i get some the pack from wally world with 2 40s and 2 100s. I check the fuse and its not blown. I check the fuses on the amp, and all 4 are blown. I change them out and pop, the 80 is blown. I check all the connections, nothing is touching anywhere, i reposition the cables because the ground was showing a little, checked everything again. Cranked and pop there goes a 100. checked everything again disconnected one of the voice coils(19ov.2) and pop there goes a 40. So now I'm depressed. Henry(speakerbox) made a call and they said it might be the amps power supply. I get home and switch out the amp, at first the other amp was going in protection mode, mid you its only like a 200watt or so. I disconnect a voice coil again and, wamp wamp, it plays. So now I'm even more depressed. Then i put everything back on the nine.1 and pop there goes another 40. So in total I blew 5-30s, 2 40s, 1 80 and 1 100...*sigh*...

Anybody know how this might have happened? I want to send it back because of the warranty, but I don't see how this would be covered as a "manufactors' defect" Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is how it is wired, at 1Ohm, which both the amp and sub are 1Ohm stable

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I had to edit something...

i didn't hook the speaker back to the ED amp after testing the other amp.

So this sentence:
Then i put everything back on the nine.1 and pop there goes another 40."

should read:

Then i put the power, ground and remote back on the nine.1 and pop there goes another 40.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, the amp comes on at first then the power light fades out, the fuse blows while its fading out.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah, it was getting late...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Hit up Chris Schemmp at eD. Hes fairly local to me and hes been REALLY good to me. He WILL do everything in his power to help, and hes EXTREMELY knowledgable. His AIM name is Mandos20 if you have it.

scotty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.