Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I am nearing the time to install my amplifier. Can any of you tell me where in the engine bay and at what location on the fire wall you ran your power cable from the battery to the interior.

I'd lrather hear from someone who's done it so I don't mess up my Box. Thank you in advance!

Troy

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
This is Gauge 4 wire. Not very easy but very doable. Pull the stock grummet out of the firewall, cut off one of the tips, then you will need to make a small cut on the inside of the grummet through which wire will go inside the passenger comp. Then feed a rope through the grommet from the engine compartment inside the cabin. It will drop from behind the heater/AC housing. Tie your amp wire to it and pull it out back to engine comp. I used talk powder rather than WD40 to make everything easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You can also use the one on the driverside, that will come out above the pedals. I don't have a pic, but i just pushed it through, and it went easy.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I ran a 1 gauge wire from the battery out the fender well, I removed the fender inner liner, where there is a gromit way down near the bottom of the car, I poped that out ran the wire through it, went in the car poped the toe kick panel off, removed the foam and found my gauge wire, then ran it along the door sillwith all the other wiring to the back of the car. I saw on another forum this guys was drillin holes and crap, no need!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I actually used PCH's method. It worked perfectly as I'm sure the other methods mentioned here would as well. Ahh... the benefits of this forum. Outstanding!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.