Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you are doing the wood backing.....just cut it to the shape of your rear seat....you can pop the seat down and make a paper or cardboard template of the back side of your seat....(keep the area around the rear shocks in mind) get a good template and transfer it to a pice of 1/2" plywood, cut it out with a jigsaw.........and the rest is up to you

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have seen some setups where the amp "appears" to be mounted to the back of the rear seat. Are the're any special considerations doing this. The amp is mnot very large. It looks like I could use 4 simple wood screws to hold it on. Just curious if anyone has had bad experiesinces with the amp simply coming loose over time. Should I take the back completly off and install some type of backing screw.. thoughts???

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would use "self-tap" screws....bot it looks like most people use a thin wood backing thats got fabric on it and the amp is mounted to that

·
Registered
119 Posts
wow that was fast, which is good was hoping to do this afternoon... attche to wood first, not a bad idea. I have something in mind for that.. but I still ned to attach the wood to the back of the seat I want keep it out of the way. I should probably get off this computer and get down to my garage and at least take a look at this... thanks for the quick response!:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Actually much easier than I thought. I ended up cutting a piece of MDF I had laying around basic about an inch larger in both width and length than then amp. Had some excess carpet I used for the sub box I built, and covered it. I then took two basic screw in hooks and screwed into the back the wood, then used two of the grocery bag secures and simply layed in their. I attached the amp to the board, looks good.. I will defnitely post the pict once i get the amp hooked up, waiting on the sub to come in this week!

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey

how many of you guyz ever put your amps in the storage tray by the spair tyre i have a cadence 1800 under there its digital no problems and the amp is completly hidden. just subs showing

·
Registered
119 Posts
I actually have a small 8" sub (Rockford Punch) in a custom box inside the storage area. I ended up cutting the bottom out of the foam so the I had more clearance for the custom box and sub. Looks pretty nice. It all closes back over the sub and seems to sound well, but I need to wait till morning to pump some volume through it!!:eek:

I just setup tonight, so I have to still adjust the settings on the amp and see how it sounds with the lid on and such. I wasn't looking for a lot of bass just more than what I had. Besides it's all a work in progress anyway. Will most likely look to damper, but as long as I like what I hear in the car, then I am all good. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
I actually used two ceiling hooks the ones that are about an inch in diameter. I screwed it the back of the mdf after I carpeted it. These basically "hang" like a picture on the two slots where you would have a baby seat attached. I can at any point pull the amp out. I only have the amp on this mdf right now. But thinking I may go accross the whole back area and use the third slot as well. I could then build a shallow mount box for the subs and still have room for the amp.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my next adventure is to incase my amps under both front seats with lexan. and throw some red neon under there. working on a fiberglass enclosure for the box. it goes wall to wall for 2 10s and has a skull coming dead out of the middle. not to shabby for a newbie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.