Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 xb and I need to know what type of amplifier and bass box I should use?? How many watts???? If anyone can help me please let me know.
Thanks!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Need more than 8's in rear, because wind noise will drown them out. I have a 12 under passenger seat and it sounds great for where it is, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I'm running two 10's with 1K watts driving them. I have 800 watts driving the dash and door speakers. I took second in an audio competition last summer. Home built and sounds great.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I RAN 2 15S AND 1200 WATTS TO EACH ONE. OOOO YAAA not now it would be little bit lost but it HIT ABOUTE 150 DB BEFORE THE CHOP. IT TORE THE SKIN ON THE REAR DOOR.:cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmm your question depends on what you want from your system. Do you want to compete?? If so then big amps and many big drivers are needed. Do you want good sound that gets loud enough to drive all but the insane out of the ca?? In this case 150-300 watt amp feeding a single or maybe 2 10" woofers should do the trick. The factory HU sin't all that hot as a source period. If you really want good sound upgrade to an aftermarket HU with 40 watts per channel or so (or even better an HU and a second amp at 40-75 watts per channel), and upgrade the factory cheapy speakers with something better. All depends on what you want and your budget. For alimited budget start with the sub and sub amp and add other stuff as you can. A good order would be (sub and sub amp), (Headunit), (speakers), (4 channel amp for speakers).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.