Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving Detroit to McKook NE and bcak this weekend to pick up a new sheepdog puppy........

Anyone along my path????

·
Registered
237 Posts
judging from your Sig..yeah, you are. Its best to let it go because you know your ogden will never be replaced. thats MO. get a diff dog or something

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I've driven a few miles to pick up a dog or two, wait, that was when I was going to bars all the time...nevermind. :rolleyes:

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yes and no. Depends on how you look at it. You obvious desire for sheepdogs is overwhelming, and that dog you're taking in will love you forever.

Although driving a long ways for such desire is a bot much..

Though that doesn't stop people from making long drives for car shows....So, technically, they too, are crazy.. :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
How far would any of you drive for family?

How far have a few driven to get their boxes?

I have been known to drive from CA(Bay Area) to WA( **** ,WA 1.5 miles from Canada) in 11 hours just to see my best friend for a few hours, made it in 10 for his funeral.

I say your not crazy if you want him/her, GO FOR IT ! a new member of the family, especially a puppy, is worth it. Just drive safe.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Probably mean McCook, Nebraska. If so, Im probably on your way. Im located in Kearney Nebraska. Not too far away actually.

Scotty

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'd drive across country to pick up a bull terrier. Good luck with the new member of the familly!

A sheep dog is definately worth the trip.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i drove 400 miles to rescue the pitbull i have now. hell. you only live once. go for it. and have fun doing it. just come back with a cool story to share. and drive safely.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Want to know a secret?

Everyone is just a little bit nuts. (Some folks more than a little :rolleyes: ) There is no normal.

The folks that pay thousands of dollars for a purebred dog that they have specially flown in from across the country have always struck me as crazy. Especially when they only want it so they can brag bout how much they paid for it.

Enjoy your new puppy. Be sure to post 'pics.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
No distance is ever too much to rescue an animal that is at risk of being pts (put to sleep) but doesn't sound like that's the case with your puppy. That's just my personal plug for humane society animals. :) We once picked up an older guinea pig that was going to be pts, from 6 hours north of us, but we scheduled that so we could pick her up on our way home from a road trip. I'd still drive a few hours for an animal in need.

No matter, it sounds like you will be a very dedicated dog owner, so you're not so much crazy. Pets complete our families.

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
when i flew R/C planes, i made a trade with some one, i drove 8 hours to their house to swap a few planes and droveback 8 hours. No your not crazy at all. Id say the dog your getting is well worth it, a old landlord owned one, one of the coolest/smartest dogs ive known. go for it, you get a new dog/family member and a nice drive in your box!!!

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
judging from your Sig..yeah, you are. Its best to let it go because you know your ogden will never be replaced. thats MO. get a diff dog or something
The crazy part was about the drive, he is my wifes third sheepdog our second and her mom has one as well.

We know we never will replace Ogden, just like Ogden never replaced Max, her first sheepdog. We love their personalities and they provide us joy. We love our Newfoundland but we wanted to have the comedian/entertainer back in the house.

Yes it was McCook NE, and boy did I pick a horrible weekend. From the freezing rain, sleet, and ice in Iowa, the winds sleet and snow in NE. I have no idea how I made it, 2100 miles in 37 hours (55 hours of sleep) Our little Scions have a way to get through things. My body kit got some abuse, the mesh grille needs to be put back in properly and I need a new turn signal bulb on the passenger front from the slush rushing inside of my Halos. I will have picks of the car tomorrow.

Here is the new puppy, have not finalized a name yet, Grover, Scooter, Fozzy and Muppet are in the running. I am leaning towards Grover personally.

Photo before bed Saturday night:

Early morning gas up in Arapahoe NE

My co pilot:

My new shifter (Ogden's Bite Meez puppet)

Lunchtime:

Photo when we got home:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
congrats on your new doggie. I vote for Grover. :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Dude, that dog is GORGEOUS, i think he was worth it, and grover is a great name! :) LOL

either that, or name him "woofy", just because..well i've always wnted to see a dog named woofy, haha

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I finally downloaded pics of the xb in the freezing rain of Iowa......

If I remember I will take photos of the engine compartment before I wash it tomorrow. My car is going to be on display outside of the Mutemath concert here in Detroit, that Scion is sponsoring. The marketing company wants photos of me and the box to give to corporate.

Tomorrow is a big day for the box. It is going to be getting some new mods finally. Exhaust, intake maybe, strut bar, orange radiator hoses, a bath and maybe tein s-techs.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sweet dog, is that what you drove thru to get it? Crazy, I can't wait till I get a house and have a yard for a dog.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes that is what the box looked like when I had to stop for gas about an 40 minutes inside the Iowa border from Illinois.

The puppy (Grover) has been digging up the backyard like crazy yesterday and today.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.