Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I know a lot of people who have used them and been very happy. My only complaint was the low wattage and fact that they can damage themselves easily if you don't build the box to exact specification (sub can bend it's own cone).

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so
I have 4 12" alchemy alumapros, two are mounted in their own boxes, but just dont seem to produce what I know they are capable of. I want to upgrade to a larger dimensioned box, but I want to know if anyone has used ported, as opposed to sealed. I was told that they will work better in sealed enclosures. I just wanted to see if anyone had tried them in ported? I want to run all four, in either two boxes, or four boxes. I just dont think the boxes they are in have enough airspace. damn I am rambling, not sure where I am going either...lol...

I have a box that will fit three, but dont have an amp capable of doing under 1ohm I have a nice mono amp, but I am pretty sure it is not one ohm stable. I would think that the three would have to be wired parralell, so three 4ohm subs wired parellel is about 0.67 ohms. The only other way I know how to wire three is in series, which just increases the impendence, and wouldnt sound all that good.

man I am so lost as to what to do, well friday is payday, maybe I will stop by the local shop and see what they recomend....lol...

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Well....I'm still kinda confused as to why the site isn't updating that people are responding to posts....but anyways

if the subs came in boxes from alumapro, then you dont want to mess with them. That's what they recommend. If you do anything more, you might damage the sub. That's what I've been told by a shop that sold them. You can build a different enclosure, but it has to be the same airspace.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well....I'm still kinda confused as to why the site isn't updating that people are responding to posts....but anyways

if the subs came in boxes from alumapro, then you dont want to mess with them. That's what they recommend. If you do anything more, you might damage the sub. That's what I've been told by a shop that sold them. You can build a different enclosure, but it has to be the same airspace.
Man I only wish that I had factory boxes!!!

from what I hear the factory boxes absolutley rock! the box costs more than the damn sub does...lol...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
they do, I intalled one years ago off a Planet Audio amp. Not too shabby at the time. Get soemone to build the enclosure to spec and you won't be disappointed

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool

thanks guys, I am going to stop by the local stereo shop(I get a discount at:D ) on friday, and see what they can do for me.

I love the subs, just want more out of them, well and to add the other two so I can run 4:D plus they are silver, and match the TCM. Then I have my infinity compenants that are silver too. Those are not installed yet at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.