Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my '06.5 in TCM next week and I'm very excited about it. :D Anything I should know about it that isn't inherently obvious? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome!! I Pick-up mine on Monday. Just wondering, is there a code in the Vin or in the door jamb that designates the production date between 2006 and 2006.5?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Awesome!! I Pick-up mine on Monday. Just wondering, is there a code in the Vin or in the door jamb that designates the production date between 2006 and 2006.5?
2006 does not have stereo controls on the steering wheel. 2006.5 does. Also the 2006.5 has an auxiliary input for Mp3 or whatever players. (not to be confused with the Ipod interface)...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2006 does not have stereo controls on the steering wheel. 2006.5 does. Also the 2006.5 has an auxiliary input for Mp3 or whatever players. (not to be confused with the Ipod interface)...
...and mine has both! (iPod and AUX inputs) :D Does anyone else have the upgraded radio? What do you think of it?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Congrats, you will love it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mad Sciontist, is that a bB badge on your grille? I would like to get those, but I went to ebay and I can't tell if they're authentic JDM or copied ones. How do you tell? And if I take off the xB badge from the hatch, are there going to be holes under it?

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Yeah bB badge if you can't tell then how many people do you think can...LOL
I got mine on ebay. No holes there is a thread on how to debadge the rear hatch nothing to it they are put on with tape backing. If you got sun let it set in the sun and warm it up then use dental floss and remove the badge then clean with goo gone and polish out. If no sun use a heat gun or hair dryer to sofen it up much easier that way. Both rear badges the same.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
...and mine has both! (iPod and AUX inputs) :D Does anyone else have the upgraded radio? What do you think of it?
Both the 06 and 06.5 have the AUX input. Only the model with an upgraded iPod headunit have the iPod input. I had the upgraded HU when I ordered mine but took it out after a few months and installed an Alpine. There are some cool features with the factory upgrade but if you're installing any kind of a system it just doesn't have the stuff you need. ie: RCA outputs and the iPod controls are sketchy at best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know that I would be installing any stereo extras any time soon, so I was hoping the upgraded one would amuse me for now. I am absolutely thrilled with the iPod playback feature, as this means I will no longer have to deal with cds.
Does it at least work okay?

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
I don't know that I would be installing any stereo extras any time soon, so I was hoping the upgraded one would amuse me for now. I am absolutely thrilled with the iPod playback feature, as this means I will no longer have to deal with cds.
Does it at least work okay?
The iPod radio works great. I have it in my xB and I love it. When I get my MINI I'm going to get the iPod radio for it too. I love not having to mess with cd's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool! I think I'll like it then. What do you guys think of the door sill enhancements? I might get those too. And possibly chrome door handles. Does anyone have a good pic of a TCM with them? I rather like chrome. :D I was thinking of getting this stuff from TRD Sparks. Any better ideas?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cool! I think I'll like it then. What do you guys think of the door sill enhancements? I might get those too. And possibly chrome door handles. Does anyone have a good pic of a TCM with them? I rather like chrome. :D I was thinking of getting this stuff from TRD Sparks. Any better ideas?
First off welcome to the family, I just got my 06.5 PW last Tues the 16th. I got the upgraded radio with Ipod controls. I am not an aficionado of stereos so the factory one sounds great for me. The Ipod controls are great and I love the option of Ipod or any other Aux input. As for OEM parts from a Scion dealer I have been going through Conicelli http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=840
I buy all my Tundra parts there too. Anyways enjoy and have fun.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome aboard and great choice of color!! where in Cali are you from??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Up north! I like your icon - the Swedish Chef rocks! It looks like TCM is really popular around here! I ordered the door sills today! I'm still mulling over the chrome door handles though. They may have to wait a little while, but I'll probably get them eventually! I'm glad there are other people around who are are as fond of this car as I am! :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
Cool bro....keep up on the forums, theres all kinds of stuff going on your way.Hook up with Gabe at Precision muffler....he'll hook ya up!They do all kindsa Scion goodies!

cyas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.