Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Very new here, and very new to the Xb, so new that I dont even have one yet....lol... I have been roaming this site for a few weeks now, and love everyone's rides. Great job! I am in midst of saving $$$ and selling two rigs, so I can get a box. Unfortunatley it probably wont happen for about 10 months. Patience is a virtue, so I am told....lol...but the time will come soon enough.

Thanks for all the great info!

----josh---

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
welcome, it took me 3 years to get my box, so patience will pay off.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you still have your soul, it might be worth parting with for an early entry into boxhood.
....lol....

I wish!

I sold that long ago, after all I needed to have a family, and some artistic talent, plus a 4x4 and sports car at the same time....lol....best of both worlds you know.

although I am thinking about selling my body out on the local strip...lol...JK:D

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
it's a bad idea but thats how i got my box. get into a car accident(of course it shouln't be your fault) w/ your old car and live. lol. it's wise not to listen to me as well. welcome to the club of xbdilles!

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
it took me years to get my box also... from the time they first came out to the time the RS3.0 came... good thing i waited, it was a good pick...

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's a bad idea but thats how i got my box. get into a car accident(of course it shouln't be your fault) w/ your old car and live. lol. it's wise not to listen to me as well. welcome to the club of xbdilles!
Yeah I think I will pass on the accident,glad you were ok,thanks for the welcome

it took me years to get my box also... from the time they first came out to the time the RS3.0 came... good thing i waited, it was a good pick...
, man I am so new I still havnt figured out all the special editions, and #s like "RS3.0" mean....lol...give me time though, I am sure that after spending a few more months here, I will be starting to get there.

Its nice to know that I am not the only one that had to pine after one of these for awhile before getting one...lol...

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
well it took me that long coz of the $$$... RS3.0 is the third release series that xB did... its the bright green that you might have seen around...

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it took me that long coz of the $$$... RS3.0 is the third release series that xB did... its the bright green that you might have seen around...
yeah I love that color, there is one at the dealership I work at, but it is an A/T (I need a 5sp) which is a shame as I could have gotten a great deal on it too.

so every rs3 is that green color?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to ClubxB!

so every rs3 is that green color?
Yep, each year Scion released a limited number of a special color hence the RS prefix.
Year one (RS1) was Hot Lava the bright orange.
Year two (RS2) was Solar Yellow.
Three was Envy Green (like xBx29xEF).
The last special release (RS4) was Torched Penny -- a special color shifting paint that can look anywhere from red to a deep copper color depending on how you look at it. It’s really kind of hard to describe but very cool.

You’ll also often see us using slang like BOP (blue onyx pearl), TCM (thundercloud metallic) or camo (camouflage metallic aka: that other green color). Just hit up the galleries and you should pick it up quick.

Add another one on the list of folks who waited.
My bf got a flint black.
I made it a whole year before buying myself a camo.
Well, almost a whole year. . .:p

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, each year Scion released a limited number of a special color hence the RS prefix.
Year one (RS1) was Hot Lava the bright orange.
Year two (RS2) was Solar Yellow.
Three was Envy Green (like xBx29xEF).
The last special release (RS4) was Torched Penny -- a special color shifting paint that can look anywhere from red to a deep copper color depending on how you look at it. It’s really kind of hard to describe but very cool.

You’ll also often see us using slang like BOP (blue onyx pearl), TCM (thundercloud metallic) or camo (camouflage metallic aka: that other green color). Just hit up the galleries and you should pick it up quick.

Add another one on the list of folks who waited.
My bf got a flint black.
I made it a whole year before buying myself a camo.
Well, almost a whole year. . .:p

thanks for the info!

that torched penny color is pretty spectacular, we have a few beetles at our dealership with that color. I would just hate to have it re-painted in case of a scuff or accident. hard to color match a color that constantly shifts.

I personally will be looking for a TCM, or gonna try the abreveations here...I really like the BCP black cherry pearl.

mmmmm black cherry mmmmmm

...lol...

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
yeah, mine is an auto coz i know i cant get picky with it if i really want that Release Series coz it will be hard to find... so i jumped on the first one i saw...

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, mine is an auto coz i know i cant get picky with it if i really want that Release Series coz it will be hard to find... so i jumped on the first one i saw...

yeah that makes total sense.....I am less concerned about it being a release series, and more wanting a 5 speed, oh yeah and something I can afford....lol...I will be trying to give it some get-up and go, as I am coming out of a pretty quick acura. I know it will never be a race car, but with 100 hp or under, seems like it needs all the help it can get. Even so, they are just sooooo cool who cares if they are fast....lol...

again, thanks for the warm welcome guys, and gals

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Pffffsshhh, yeah! We pretty much gave up on that not long after we arrived in November. It's been a really messy winter! :rolleyes: Not like any I can ever remember, but I guess that's what 5 yrs away will do to you.

Hubby's TCM isn't so bad, but mine's a chore and a half and I don't even go anywhere anymore. It just sits in the driveway getting dumped on by trees, snow, wind, rain and muck. I feel bad for my little box car! :(

Hope you can get yours soon. They are great little, but so roomy, gas-saving cars!

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pffffsshhh, yeah! We pretty much gave up on that not long after we arrived in November. It's been a really messy winter! :rolleyes: Not like any I can ever remember, but I guess that's what 5 yrs away will do to you.

Hubby's TCM isn't so bad, but mine's a chore and a half and I don't even go anywhere anymore. It just sits in the driveway getting dumped on by trees, snow, wind, rain and muck. I feel bad for my little box car! :(

Hope you can get yours soon. They are great little, but so roomy, gas-saving cars!

...lol...well this year has just been a fluke, I havnt seen anything like it since 1995.

poor box just sittin in the driveway...lol...

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i think ive given up all hope on a 'fast box' seems that even is you go forced induction and add 50% total power you still come out with 150 HP. so ill take it for the mighty muel that it is and make it look the way i want. all the while being reliable like toyota always has been and achieving 30+MPG in the city. im more than satisfied with my box.

and actually i got mine on a whim. i test drove like 15 cars and the toyota dealership was the last one i hit. i came a few times in a few weeks to check out the cars and go on test drives and one day i just decided, ok i need to have one of my own now. so i got my white one. its been great to me ever since.

Ketchup, you effin crack me up bro.
even though i did that once too

welcome to the club. let us know if you need anything.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think ive given up all hope on a 'fast box' seems that even is you go forced induction and add 50% total power you still come out with 150 HP. so ill take it for the mighty muel that it is and make it look the way i want. all the while being reliable like toyota always has been and achieving 30+MPG in the city. im more than satisfied with my box.

and actually i got mine on a whim. i test drove like 15 cars and the toyota dealership was the last one i hit. i came a few times in a few weeks to check out the cars and go on test drives and one day i just decided, ok i need to have one of my own now. so i got my white one. its been great to me ever since.

Ketchup, you effin crack me up bro.
even though i did that once too

welcome to the club. let us know if you need anything.
Thanks for the welcome!!!!

and yes I am willing to trade HP for style:D

....lol.... As a matter of fact I jsut bought mine today:eek: ,,,lol,,,I thought I was going to have to wait much longer...lol...I will post pictures very soon too,

but I do need a little help right off the bat, The damn stereo wont turn on, it is acting like a blown fuse. I went to what I think is the main fuse panel(on the left side) But cant find a fuse labeled with "stereo"......has anyone else had issues with the stereo not turning on? Am I looking in the right fuse block?

thanks for any help anyone can offer.

--josh--

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.