Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my steering wheel is off center, and I've yet to get an alignment with my H-techs installed.

So pretty much I need to get an alignment done. What should I tell the shop that does it? Should I let them know how much lower I am?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
i had mine done.. just tell them that's it lowered and they will let you know how much more info they will need. some places will have no problem doing it... some will.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Most shops will put your specs within factory, even if lowered.

And most shops will customize your specs to the driving style you prefer or the set-up you have.

For instance, my shop has set-up my specs w/ a different toe because of my camber.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Same as squirrel here. But, if your wheel is off center, make sure you specifically ask them to center the wheel up. It's not nec. to get it within spec and a lot of people won't even check unless you ask them to.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You should be able to remove the steering wheel and put it back on with the correct line up. There is a thread in here on removing and replacing it. If the Box drives straight I would just do the steering wheel. my .02

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
You should be able to remove the steering wheel and put it back on with the correct line up. There is a thread in here on removing and replacing it. If the Box drives straight I would just do the steering wheel. my .02
The TOE may be off also, and cause increased tread wear.

I would rather spend $60 for an alignment than $300+ for tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.