Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Just installed my new springs over the weekend and will be getting the wheels aligned once the springs settle a bit.

After the install i noticed that my steering wheel is off center when the car is tracking straight. The steering wheel tilts slightly to the right (maybe by 1-2 degrees) when the car is going straight and the car veers left if the steering wheel is straight. I should mention that the alignment was not off pre-install.

My question is: Have I installed something wrong so its causing the alignment issue? Or if its normal for the alignment to be off by a bit?

Any help/advice will be appreciated, and like I said before I will be getting my wheels aligned so please don't post "get an alignment" >:D.

Thanks You,
PoNG

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
It's normal. Just get it aligned when it's settled.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,509 Posts
Johnny's right it's normal. Let it settle and once it's aligned everything should be good. If the steering wheel is still off a little bit after alignment it's very easy to pull and move it over a spline or two to get it straight.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Also, if you noticed that the steering wheel doesn't really correct itself after making a turn, that's normal too.

·
Track an EVO
110 Posts
FYI, the proper way to get the steering wheel back to center is to have it done during the alignment

The mechanic must do it at the tie rod adjustment. Certainly do not remove the steering wheel to correct that

Reactions: BMan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts