Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was just wondering how hard it is to install an alarm system with motion sensor cuz I won one in Ames (thanks Alex) and I want to install it and I wanted to know what all takes place. Just wondering. I'm not planning to do it myself I just want to know what the pro is going to do to my baby Box.

·
Registered
234 Posts
caden_stargate said:
Ok, I was just wondering how hard it is to install an alarm system with motion sensor cuz I won one in Ames (thanks Alex) and I want to install it and I wanted to know what all takes place. Just wondering. I'm not planning to do it myself I just want to know what the pro is going to do to my baby Box.
Do you mean what they're going to do as far as the install? Or whats going to happen after its done? When i had my alarm installed I know they installed a lot of stuff behind my center console and they cut a hole in the console so you can see the blue armed LED. Other than that no one can tell I have an alarm(well besides looking at my remote).

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They cut a hole in the console?? Like...how big?? And how long did it take for the install?

·
Registered
234 Posts
caden_stargate said:
They cut a hole in the console?? Like...how big?? And how long did it take for the install?
The hole is realllly small maybe 1cm tops its just so that u can see the little blinking LED. Alarm install time was about 4hrs, but i had it professionally done.

·
Registered
659 Posts
do it yourself is NOT a good idea when it comes to electrical work cross the wrong wire and you could be replacing a harness big bucks not worth the chance

·
Registered
234 Posts
ric2542 said:
do it yourself is NOT a good idea when it comes to electrical work cross the wrong wire and you could be replacing a harness big bucks not worth the chance
exactly, id rather pay someone who'll warranty their work then have me **** it up and be SOL.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
ric2542 said:
I was planning on taking it to best buy to install it since that's where it came from. I'd screw up everything if I tried to do it myself. (BTW this is caden_stargate on my sisters screen name. :) )

·
Registered
485 Posts
take my advice and dont take it to best buy. Ive had waaay to many bad experiences with them to ever want to deal with them again. They always look for ways to cut corners.On top of that, they charge you quite a bit of money more than a local shop would.

Take it to circuit city instead if you want. They have good warranties, cheap prices, good work, and seem to know that people want things done right. It may take them a bit longer to do than best buy, but the work is quality.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
backseatchris said:
take my advice and dont take it to best buy. Ive had waaay to many bad experiences with them to ever want to deal with them again. They always look for ways to cut corners.On top of that, they charge you quite a bit of money more than a local shop would.

Take it to circuit city instead if you want. They have good warranties, cheap prices, good work, and seem to know that people want things done right. It may take them a bit longer to do than best buy, but the work is quality.
That's what my uncle said too. And he knows what he's talkin about so I'm going to take your advice and his.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.