Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok people i am in the marked to buy some air bags or the airrunner kit. i am just not sure of which to get!!! money is not so much an issue, because you will pay anyway right!!! i plan on keeping my xb for a while so my question is this...over time which is better to have the airrunner kit or air bags?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Where are you from...If it pretty cold most of the time...i know bags your lines and dump valves can sometimes freeze over...i'm not sure about the air runner kit though....Just watch out for really could weather and all the hardware cause it has been known to freeze over the vavles!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i reside in watts, california

·
Registered
416 Posts
ok

umm... i really dont understand the post... airbags or air runner kit...
they are essentially the same thing... they both have lines that run the kits they both have valves .... only thing is that if you get the air runner kit you can opt to get the electronic controller... then you bags will let out at the valves instead of the manual switches... which would let air out in the cabin....up 2 you... i might be mistaken...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sort of helps, i was only conserned when you use the airbags how the whole vehicle shakes sometimes what kind of affect that will have on the whole car over time, like will things loosen up, etc.... sorry i was not that clear there!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DTRAIN619 said:
Well, weather is not an issue. Just depends on how you wanna roll. Airruner is considered a "slow" system IIRC. EasyStreet systems gives you a choice (I think) of slow, medium or fast.

Check 'em out (if you haven't already.) EasyStreet System for xB

well i am not going to lie, i would like to show it off from time to time, yeah weather isn't too bad out here, so i am not worried to much about that. i do like that way air bags look, but the affect they will have on the car over time is my only concern, what do you suggest ?

·
Registered
416 Posts
hmm... i dont think the easystreet has that feature... that would entail alot
of work.... if even possible on scions... because of the valves... and lines...
which is wat bassically controls how fast or slow you go up or down...
so you would need a valve that can control how much air electronically
and that would be way more than the easystreet price........ umm... well basically i have air runner and its alright... you are going to want to rep the shocks as soon as you get it on... to smooth the ride out... i didnt : ( i regret it haha... welll i dont have the air runner front struts i have a univeral air setup up front... i like it.. rides good

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I just got the EasyStreet Setup...havnet had a chance to really try it out yet but when i do ill let you know how it is

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dooby said:
I just got the EasyStreet Setup...havnet had a chance to really try it out yet but when i do ill let you know how it is
Ooh, nice! Manual or digital set-up?? And who did your install?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Ooh, nice! Manual or digital set-up?? And who did your install?
What up DTRAIN619..I have the digital set-up looks super nice and user friendly. Serenity Sound and Performance over in Costa Mesa, CA did it for me.

Its still on blocks right now cuz they are finishing it up for SEMA...

·
Registered
198 Posts
airrunner is a slower kit and doesnt go quite as low as other kits. but its been known for better quality, except they recently changed out the rear bags to sleeve ones which was what easy street ran in the rear and they changed back to regular bags. The speed in which your car goes up and down is all controlled on what line and valves you run. Im piecing togther a kit so i get exactly what i want out of it.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
dredge38 said:
airrunner is a slower kit and doesnt go quite as low as other kits. but its been known for better quality, except they recently changed out the rear bags to sleeve ones which was what easy street ran in the rear and they changed back to regular bags. The speed in which your car goes up and down is all controlled on what line and valves you run. Im piecing togther a kit so i get exactly what i want out of it.
Have you checked into the Air Light Technology...lift time is 2/3 secs

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Check out the custom set up in my classified, all you need is a touchscreen since it is set up for touch screen control. The system is fast and better than the air runner kit. He spared no expense on the system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.