Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well that pretty much says it all. i only since i average about 30 miles a day and use my car as a daily driver that which would be better, for those of you who read this and know me, which do you suggest, i am at about 55 air bags, and 45 air runners, cost aint much of an issue its just durability and reliability! well let me know what you all think!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I think you may be a bit confused. Air Runner is nothing more than a company that manufactures air suspension kits. "Air bags" is just a generic term for any type of air suspension.

If you can give a more accurate description of exactly what you are considering, we might be able to offer better assistance.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok lets see if this works for you all, auto fashions offers a product called if i am not mistaken "air runners" and there is an other product i have seen that is reffered to as "air bags" now i have seen auto fashion's system at the torq show last year and was slightly impressed but then again i have seen other xb's that have air bags. the only difference i was able to notice really that stood out was cost, i believe it was about $1000 difference. cost is not so much an issue as i have said before other then was is most important...reliability and dependability....

if that helped clear things up, let me know.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The Air Runner brand kits are very high quality. But even at "reduced" prices they are very expensive. Even what the dealers pay to the manufacturer is pretty crazy when compared to other systems. The biggest drawback to the basic Air Runner system is the air management system. It is extremely basic. Manual toggle switches, a single little Thomas compressor, etc.

They system is fine for someone who isn't worried about money, wants the best of the best to get low, and isn't going to play with the system a lot.

If you want the best of the best, are willing to spend the money for it, and still want to play, I would highly recommend upgrading the air management. You can do this with Air Runner parts and pay a premium, or you could piece your own system together for much less.

Airlift/Easystreet, Universal Air Suspenion, FBI and Chassis Tech are the other heavy players when it comes to xB suspension. I would avoid Chassis Tech like the plague. Marginal parts and horrible customer service are the norm with them. FBI actually uses the Easystreet front struts, but their own rear brackets. Several people have had good luck with Universal Air, but it is also pretty spendy for what you get. Easy street has a pretty good kit for the price, but there have been issues with the front struts.

My recommendation for what is available on the market is to get the Easystreet front struts and rear kit. In combination with this, I would use either camber bolts, or modified upper camber plates from Cusco to address positive camber issues. Then you can piece together your own air management kit. By doing this you get exactly what you want in the kit and you can get the best prices possible for all of those components.

Then again, if money is not a concern, Air Runner is a great option.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You already know my vote, Universal Air Suspension all the way. They gave me a great price, the customer support is outstanding and the quality of equipment is awesome. I've had only one problem with a blown bag, that was a manufacturing defect and it was replaced no questions asked in a day. Zack and the crew at Universal don't screw around and crank out some sic rides.

That's just my .02 though. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well people my decision has been made and i am going with www.universalairsuspension.com i believe for what i am getting done tomorrow pretty much a complete show bag set up: front left, front, front right, right side, rear right, rear, rear left, left side and pancake(up n down) upgraded air lines, upgraded compressors, dakota digital gauge with autolift(with pressure reading on all for corners plus air tank) and all incorporated in my vipor alarm and all this done in 3 days, i think i am getting more then my money worths, thanks the tip taz, i owe you one bro, seriously!!!

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
^^^thats going to be a sweet setup.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
well people my decision has been made and i am going with www.universalairsuspension.com i believe for what i am getting done tomorrow pretty much a complete show bag set up: front left, front, front right, right side, rear right, rear, rear left, left side and pancake(up n down) upgraded air lines, upgraded compressors, dakota digital gauge with autolift(with pressure reading on all for corners plus air tank) and all incorporated in my vipor alarm and all this done in 3 days, i think i am getting more then my money worths, thanks the tip taz, i owe you one bro, seriously!!!
No worries Rene, all you owe me is to let me play with your bags when you get them. Wait, that didn't sound right, you know what I mean. Have fun tell Zack I said hi. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont Worry Taz You Can Always Play With My Bags, Hehehehe
Lololololol

Its Cool I Really Look Forward To This. To Be Honest I Am A Little Afraid I Guess For Not Having My Car For 3 Days, But Hell Drop On Monday And Pickup On Wednesday That Cant Be Too Bad. And I Am Breaking It In By Taking It To San Francisco For My 11th Wedding Aniversary, So I Should Be Good To Go. I Know For Sure I Will Clean My Engine Tonight. Oh Yeah Dont Worry I Will Tell Zack You Said Hello, Hey Is He The Owner Of The Company? Just Wondering, Thats All.

·
Registered
416 Posts
iono... i had the same kit not the best ride would have preffered that it came with a whole airstrut up front... but w/e i got it for super cheap.... also the front doest go down as low as the rear will.. i just had alot of problems with this kit... as far as air lines and what not... they do have great cust service and did take care of the problem as far as replacing parts... but i made my choice and went with air runner

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.well from what i can gather and having spoken with different people who have and have had both air runner and otherwise, that it pretty much comes down to a personal preference. but what from i can tell that air runner's systems is mostly for ride comfort and other's are for show, but like i said it comes down to a personal preference. but i am confident in what i am getting and all the good i have heard and have been told about www.universalairsuspension.com i cant go wrong

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i am getting my system done today and picked up on wednesday

will keep you all posted as soon as i get back from vacation, taking my wife out to san francisco for our 11th wedding aniversary

so when i get back i will have pictures and video as well

laterz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.