Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to the scion thing. I got a used 05 still under the factory. Both air vents are falling out, can somone tell me how to get them back in without damaging anything. Thanks

Eric

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
K....

Pull off all of the AC knobs.....

there are two screws under the first one and the last one
when those are removed, press and pull out on the top of the console, it will pop out.

Next there will be a little machanical thingy on the back (where the A/C knobs are) remove that with the same screwdriver. then take the vent directors out, and pop them back in, make sure you are puting them in right. One side has a big square that has to go on the inside hole... :D

Hope I helped :D

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
no not really, I just know how to do it because I took my center console off to paint it black.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Sir said:
no not really, I just know how to do it because I took my center console off to paint it black.
Damn! Still no pink. :D

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
I cant find pink in any kind of high quality paint...

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
I'm actually doing all black inside, so the outside has all the color.

·
Registered
67 Posts
platinumdetailing said:
thanks a lot I guess I happens often.

Eric
This happened to mine after a friend got in the car and tried to close the center vents. After they popped in the first time they never stayed in again for long. The center vents have a limiter that only allows them to rotate up or down about 45 degrees (or at least my 2006 does). If you force the vents more than that, it bows out the plastic and they fall in to the duct. The outer vents don't seem to have this limiter and are allowed to rotate fully closed.

I ended up putting a small screw and washer in each vent's pivot point to hold them in place. No problems since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.