Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal...
I have DPSS air bag suspension on my first gen, front and rear. Beautiful but not pratical for me. I maybe having to make a hell of a commute and need more pratical and reliable transport.

So I am looking for stock struts and perhaps eibach springs.
This are about a 2 inch drop and I'm wondering if my ride is going to be too rough. I want something to look tasteful and still pratical with a nice ride.

Right now it's so bumpy I can't stand it;plus the fact a solenoid needs replaced and a bag blew out, so she's stationary until I find what I want. >.<

I would like any advice and would love anyone who has gone from air to stock for info too! Don't forget will 2" be too much? Photo comparisons welcome!!

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Get Monroe struts and shocks ( for xb or echo) and df210s for 2" drop or tein s-tech's. where in IL are you and will u be parting with your air ride?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get Monroe struts and shocks ( for xb or echo) and df210s for 2" drop or tein s-tech's. where in IL are you and will u be parting with your air ride?
Well I'm not sure if I want a 2" drop or not. I'm worried it's going to be too much.

Yes I will be parting with my air suspension. I live in metro saint louis area obviously on the east side.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I can post pic tomorrow of my ride or just look it up on the forums there is a big thread about shocks and springs combo.
Monroe's are relatively cheap and more comfortable compared to stock ones. S-techs give a good 1.5 drop, quality springs, car looks good and you still can get on them through the winter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did see the big thread and looked through a few pages but no one put how big of a drop they had. Thanks for the info though I will certianly be looking into those!

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Ride is also very dependent on your wheel and tire combo. If you are running low profile tires the ride is going to suffer no matter what springs you run.

·
Boxed Lifestyle
2,292 Posts
Honestly I was running those blue waydoo struts with some green tien s-techs. It cut the wheel gap, gave me a nice ride and was overall pretty practical. I would say I had about 1.5-2" drop. Prolly around 1.75". Look through my build thread if you wanna look at what my setup was like. I had about 1.5-2 finger gap on each tire and plenty of height for almost any driveway.

Sent from somewhere you've never seen before using tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm preparing to replace shocks all around as well and wondered about the df210 springs also. would a 2 inch drop interfere with getting the car jack underneath should a flat tire happen or is there still enough room? Anyone with experience with that?

·
Boxed Lifestyle
2,292 Posts
I'm preparing to replace shocks all around as well and wondered about the df210 springs also. would a 2 inch drop interfere with getting the car jack underneath should a flat tire happen or is there still enough room? Anyone with experience with that?
Cant tell you for sure but i can tell you that a stock floor jack would not work with my s-techs installed. The stock scion jack will pretty much work with anything except coilovers if i remember correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts