Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Air ride system and I'm shopping around for a place (NorCal - No further north than Sac) that sells and installs Air Ride System?

How much does it cost?

Is there a preferred manufacturer (no air-runner... too expensive for me)?

How many hours for installation?

What spare parts to keep handy in the glove compartment?

Is there a DIY kit for a mechanically inclined weekend wrencher?

Thanks...

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Air ride suspensions vary cost-wise.

Depends on the air tank, compressor, the fittings you use, the air line itself, switches, gauges, fitment specific or pieced together, and the quality of bags.

Installation varies also. Will the tank be in the rear cargo area, or under the car? And how will the airlines be run? I know if you have at least three people, Air Runner can be installed in less than 6 hours including interior removal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
air

it cost be about 2 gs and about 14 hours of blood sweat tears and 1 or 2 bottles of jager and some holes in the wall besides that no problem

·
Registered
276 Posts
honestly it really does dpend on parts and problems you may run into.. My goofy ass mounted the valves backwards so it took hours to figure out WTF was up with that. (thanks Chris) Right now I have just my back installed with fronts going on Saturday. My parts totaled 15-1600... most places charge another 15-1600 for install also... With decent tools it can be accomplished. Just read up...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Based on the replies above, parts may cost around $1,500 - 1,600 + Labor.

So in reality, air-ride system mentioned above + labor is almost the cost of an air-runner kit.

So how much is an air-runner kit anyway and how hard is it to install for a weekend wrencher like myself?

·
Registered
306 Posts
xscionB said:
I'm thinking of doing some air struts, as i understand you get to keep your performance, and have great adjustability. It is also a straight bolt on kit, no welding, or cutting! The only downside is that they are kinda pricey... around $2200 for a full xB kit.:eek: Anyway, here's a link if you would like it: http://207.97.200.166/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=596
easystreet. :p

·
Registered
322 Posts
Is easystreet really that bad? That kit sounds pretty good. Especially if you retain some performance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've read some negative posts regarding easystreet but the description on the link sounds good. I didn't realize it was easy street until I went back to the link noticed the easystreet logo on top of the page.

Anyone has pricing on the Air-ride system from Japan?

·
Registered
276 Posts
mine is a mutt but I do have the easy street fronts and they give maddd posi camber...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hell jeah!!!!

ok back to topic... Another problem with the easy street is the bolt that is needed for the brake lines is not provided. The hole is much smaller and not threaded...

·
Registered
9 Posts
hate

i hate to post this cause i can't stand scionlife but theres about a 12 page right up on air on scionlife and about 15 pages of questions and answers

·
Registered
410 Posts
Air Runner Suspension

I would suggest saving and doing it right the first time. I would go with Air Runner it costs a little more but its the best kit out. I have it on my personal/shop car and love it. The install was around 3-4 hours was definately the most "complete" kit I have ever seen.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Air Runner is nice but last time I checked they dont sell replacement parts.... which end up very expensive should something break

·
Registered
410 Posts
Air Runner Kits

Air Runner offers a warranty on there parts. Its a manual setup so you wont have any problems with leaks. The only problem you could have is with the bag or strut bag setup. With the pressure you will be running I dont see you having any problems. I have been building full show trucks for over 12 years all of them being on air. I think Air Runner is a really nice setup

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.