Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Air / Fuel Ratio Gauge Install

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  bajeguy69 
#1 ·
Question, can someone point me to DIY or give me a tip on how to hook up an Autometer Air/fuel Ratio gauge. Gauge was given to me so I dont have the directions. Thanks.

#2 ·
i never installed one in xb yet... but from wat i remember autometer air/fuel ratio gauge has 3 wires... red black and purple... i think red is 12V black is ground and purple is signal from your O2 sensor.... you have to find out which wire is the right one O2 sensor has 3 or 4 wires some cars have 5 wires and it has power, ground, signal(high and low) for 4 wires... autometer tells you to tap it onto signal(high) wire... just tap on anything and you will find one that works... it doesn't messup your car or gauge... i did that to my celica like 2 years ago... and i found right wire to work with...well good luck with it...

#8 ·
PeruzziScion said:
Which wire was the right one? A pic might be nice. Im thinking about changing some of my gauges and adding A/F gauge. If you can describe it that will be good enough as well. Im sure I can figure out what you mean...
It was the O2 sensor closest to the engine (not the one under the middle of car) its the black wire, I believe it was the 2nd black one. Just spliced in and then ran the wires to the gaue and what not. I will get a pic up once I get back under the box. Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.