Scion xB Forum banner

Air Diverter Knob question - Please chime in!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Icedragon 
#1 ·
So I took my 2005 Scion xB to the dealer that I bought it from because I thought there was an issue with the air diverter knob. The issue is this, when Front vents is selected it blows air out the top, when front and floor is selected it blows out both, BUT when just floor air is selected, it is still blowing air out all four vents up top in my face. They say that they checked another xB on the lot and it does the same thing as mine so they don't think there is an issue.

This is where I need your help please. I am not concerned with HOW to fix it, since they will be doing that. I just need to know of ANYONE who has a 1st Gen xB that behaves differently.

Please respond to this with whether yours is the same as mine (air blows out top and bottom even when floor is selected) or air only blows out bottom when floor is selected. I would think that a picture of air ONLY on the bottom would mean only out the bottom, but maybe xB's are different. On a side note, I owned a brand new 2006 in 2006 and I swear it didn't behave like this but maybe I am getting old and forgot! :)

Your responses will be greatly appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.