Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i been looking around for something new for my car and i dont know what to go with they are both around the same price but i wanna know what is better for daily driving cuz i drive alot . heard alot of dif things but i dont know what to go with i know if there is en air leak in the bags ill go to the ground. but if the batt is dead in the hydros the car is gonna stay were ever it is i never herd of anything really bad about hydros but i could be wrong what do u guys think

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Both kinds of systems will suck if they break. The Hydros will suck for ride quality all the time. Daniel told me that it's a rough ride but if fast up and down and no wait time is what you're looking for, Hydro is the way to go. Just remember what his leak looked like at FiveAxis. Messy stuff that hydro fluid.

·
Registered
416 Posts
yah hydros can be really messy and if you plan on doing your interior....then bad idea.... my uncle has an impala on hydros.... dope but alot of maitanace...with bags if you have it slammed its going to be rough ride... but with bags alot cleaner if it leaks.... haha... also with bags repairs are easy and can be done in a matter of minutes.... my suggestion is both have there ups and downs... i would go with bags myself (well i already have them) i myself had the universal kit... did not like it... so i know went with airrunner... if you looking for a super clean install and super fast hit up autofashion in san diego...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I would definitely go with air suspension over hydraulics. Especially if you have never owned either type of adjustable suspension. Hydraulics definitely have their place, but they just don't work best for a daily driver. First and foremost, they aren't even a true suspension. Even with accumulators. Second, if/when (more likely when) they fail you are going to hate yourself for getting them. The mess will be horrendous.

It will probably cost you a bit more to get into a nice air suspension set up. But if you are spending so much money anyway, I think it is worth the additional cost for the better system.

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
i would much rather have an air leak than a hydraulic leak. ever seen power steering or tranny fluid? imagine it all over your floormats. eww.
also, if set up right 'bags will ride better than springs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i would much rather have an air leak than a hydraulic leak. ever seen power steering or tranny fluid? imagine it all over your floormats. eww.
also, if set up right 'bags will ride better than springs.

The World's Lowest has spoken!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.