Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i bought some bride seat and brakets... put them on and pulged all the pulgs in includeing the seat belt pulgs now my air bag light stays on can anyone help thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Did you power the car with the sensors removed?? If so you will need to go to a mechanic that can reset the electronics in the car. I did this in my wifes Honda when we removed the seat to install some GPS stuff under the seat. If the seat sensor is disconnected and the car is powered up this way the computer thinks there is a fault with the airbags seat sensor (indeed there is at this point as the sensor is not there). The computer stores this fault and will not allow the airbags system to operate until the code is cleared. Having a shop that has the proper tools to reset the computer will allow the computer to see that the sensor is indeed back in place and assuming you installed everything correctly it will again be happy and allow the airbags system to work again, and the light will be off.

If you did not power the car with things disconnected then you installed something improperly. If this is that case, even if you fix whatever it is you will still likely need to reset the computer in order to get everything working again.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm thanks but i didnt do anything wrong i no that i installed everything the way it was suppost to be. and never powered the car when anything was disconnected.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well if the airbag fault light is lit something is wrong. Reset procedures are listed in section RS of the shop manual (many many pages of data here). The precise code that the DCS is reading out should point in the right direction. Without at least the manual or even better, electronic diagnostic equipment for the DCS, I would not even attempt a repair beyond verifying good solid plug connections (disconnect and reconnect them again, perhaps one did not seat well) and resetting the DCS to see if the light reappears. This troubleshooting from what I just read in the manual can mostly be done without the electronics it may just take bit. Good luck.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
What they said...^^^^

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all the weight sensors and pulgs have been reconnected even though i change my seats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.