Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one running an agressive wheel set up (18-19") with the wheels pushed out to the fenders with out fender flares? also how low are you dropped and what suspension?

right now i'm running 19x8 32 offset axis crux. falken fk series tires. the rear tires are tucked in about 1/2 inch on level ground. i'm running tein s-techs otg camber shims and spacers and the look is serious, i was looking into getting coilovers but since i put these on its low but now i'm thinking about bring the bumper a little closer to the ground. so let me see what your rolling with (ride height) looking for pics of your actual car please :rolleyes: i will get more pics when i find my camera.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Here's mine.

Well, I don't know if you consider it aggressive, but...

18x8 504's (+32 offset), 2" Goldline drop, and 10mm OTG shims. It's pretty flush, I think I might be clipping the rim protector on my tires ever so slightly. Not sure if I'm gonna roll or cut out the inner fender...

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks nice, i was running 18's before with 8.5 rear 32 offset shaved out wheel well and didn' t rub with the camber;)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
****thread jack*****

Dion, your new rims look awesome on the Box! Congrats.

****thread jack over*****

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Most people with really aggressive offsets that are low, are on air. Coilovers are great and all, but the options of air allow for it better. I know Dajap runs 18x8.5 12 offset rears, Jim I think runs something like 17x9 with 24 offset, I run 17x8 0 offset, Suspended runs 17x8.5 with 15 offset or something. Theres not a lot of 19s running aggressive offsets. Most 19s lead themselves towards minitruckin style, which tucks, not pokes. 18s and 17s are what VIP followers use. Youll have no problem finding aggressive 18s really, but 19s maybe tough. Most run air though, not coilovers or anything else. Aside from me, all those above run air suspension for good reason. (Im switching to a hybrid system this summer in fact).

Scotty

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'm still going to try and run 18x9.5s on 225/35-18 w/ -5 degrees of camber. I'm afraid the backside of the wheel or tire is going to hit the shock body though.

Like Dion and Taz, I'm running the 504s but w/ -2.5 up front and -3.5 degrees of camber in back. I'm on TEIN Wagon (for the bB) coilovers, but w/ custom height and rate springs from TEIN.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Brad, what are your coilovers set at? (drop wise)

'Cause it looks really sweet with the front and rear camber!
I'm not sure Dion, but the highest point of the wheel well arch is 23 or 23 1/8 inches above the ground, at the vertical center line.

·
bB squad
1,054 Posts
Good info so far. I can't imagine running 19" and higher with crazy offsets. You wont be able to sit because the wheels are so big already... imagine having aggressive offsets.

Here are pics of Aireck's wheels on my box, with AirRunner.

Specs from Aireck...
17x8 +10 front
17x9.5 + 16 rear

tires 205/40/17s in front, and 215/40/17 in back

The car is literally sitting on the tires, can't go any lower.
Note that I have -3 OTG camber + spacer (10mm) shims in the rear in those pics.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Damn I must have left early and missed your ride I would have loved to have seen it. Looks great with those rims. Remove those spacers and you would be money.

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice hot box, 17's look good when your low on them with good offsets. 18's are good too, i guess i'm really looking for other people with 19's on their ride since the wheel is a bigger diameter.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

car needs overfenders and not those carbon ones everyone is using. rims are sick tho.

I wouldn't say I'm aggressive, but 17x8 +25 a-disc and 17x9 +20 O-disc for me. But the edge of the rim is the ONLY thing poking out of the fender. tires are under the fender.

those that want to use crazy camber, you gotta get some lower offsets. Sprotmax isn't gonna cut it. Sorry. Even for me to go -3, I can bump out to a +18 or 17 on the back. Fronts could go to +18 as well.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts