813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do we get those at ?
I was looking @ getting an air horn to scare the **** out of people

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i was looking for one too!

i heard that they sell those in Super Autobacs. i have to check them out someday.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
You can get single ones at any autoparts store I would think. I know that Pepboys has 'em. (Well, I remember seein' them, but the website is of no help!) Jeff is runnin' three in his xb right now. Apparently they're pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Usually places like Autozone and Advance have them. Autozone has one for $20...i've been planing on getting one, but i keep putting it off for other stuff. Even ebay...all you need is basically any 12v air horn...I want to get the one that's for a train, but they are like $400...maybe I'll save up for it...

Here ya go.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i have the original horn on my xb, but, i recently installed a, (pa) system on my car for about 70.00 bucks and that way i can say whatever i want, and it is pretty loud, the best thing to do is download some stuff to your cell phone and then play it through the pa system. I turn alot of heads.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
dude i so want one of those train horns on ebay... the 153 decibel horns... i reserched decibels on wikipedia.org and wow.... at 140dB its called the "threshold of pain" it makes for a good traffic stress reliever.

if i were to get one were would it go...? and the compressor and such

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Same place as the guys who have bags mount their's, and i'm sure, with the little space in the engine bay we could squeeze the horns in...

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
or it could probably fit between the fender and frame...

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
Usually places like Autozone and Advance have them. Autozone has one for $20...i've been planing on getting one, but i keep putting it off for other stuff. Even ebay...all you need is basically any 12v air horn...I want to get the one that's for a train, but they are like $400...maybe I'll save up for it...

Here ya go.
oh man, i never thought of changing mine but after hearing this... whoa, i so want one now too... but than again, cost a lil too much...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
^^^^ thats what the video is from. its not the video i was looking for but its still funny.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes The Hella Horns Are a good Choice Also......My Piaa Horns...2 horns....One 500Hz One 600Hz They Are Plenty Loud For Me...They Will Let People Know You Are There

·
Registered
37 Posts
i didnt remove any body parts...i mounted the horns on the front cross bar under the hood...then routed the wire off the old horn to the new one......no relays ect necessary

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If i did it, i would want to keep my stock horn...because in Louisiana we have to get inspections, and they check to make sure your horn works...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.