Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Danny
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a Cold Air Intake. I don't want the TRD CAI b/c I have lights in the bumper vent where the air is sucked in on the TRD CAI and I don't like that it sucks in so low to the ground. The K&N CAI seems to be most common but does anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts/comments?

·
†-LoSt-†
2,146 Posts
A short ram and a cold air intake aren't too far apart in gains as far as power or sound. I went with a drop in k&n. Same gain as an intake practically

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need a stock air box w/ sensors for 2006 scion xb.. Can anyone help? New to this tread stuff so if you can email me at JayKrazeNYC at aol.com i would be very thankful

·
Lugo
191 Posts
Running a CAI with lights in the vent won't matter. You'll still get the same results with or without an open vent. Think about how big the vent is in front of our radiator... That air is coming Into the CAI. I love Injen intakes. Had an injen SRI on my 1st Gen and now have their CAI on my 2nd Gen (without a bumper vent). According to my research and clubxb.com friends, an SRI will give you more low-range power gains and a CAI will give you more high-range power gains. I guess it has something to do with how long it takes the air to travel through the intake or something. Anytime someone asks about intakes, I always tell them Injen CAI. Check the stats and you'll see why. I promise there's no way you could be disappointed! Haha.

·
Lugo
191 Posts
I need a stock air box w/ sensors for 2006 scion xb.. Can anyone help? New to this tread stuff so if you can email me at JayKrazeNYC at aol.com i would be very thankful
Check the "classifieds" section on the website. Or maybe it's called "marketplace"... I get my forums confused. Post what you need and someone will probably hit you back. Posting in random threads will get you in trouble with the clubxb "powers that be" haha. You're going to hate me for saying this, but I sold a head unit and gave away the airbox you're looking for. Sorry bro. But, I know the guy who picked up the head unit really didn't need it, but he took it anyway. Post away and hopefully he will still have it.

·
Lugo
191 Posts
I like your grill jlugo what kind is it
Man, I hate to tell you this, but I'm not sure. When I bought the XB2, it already had that grille on it. I've been trying to find out what kind it is, in case I ever have to replace it. When I find out, I'll be sure to let you know. I'm pretty sure it's from Japan. The guy who owned it before me had a couple japanese parts on the ride. I'll let you know thought man. I'm interested in finding it out myself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
anybody got any pictures of a short ram intake on a gen 2? i had one on my hyundai a few years ago and loved the difference in low end power. thats my biggest complaint right now with my xb is that it barely gets out of its own way until you get to third gear.

·
Registered
155 Posts
anybody got any pictures of a short ram intake on a gen 2? i had one on my hyundai a few years ago and loved the difference in low end power. thats my biggest complaint right now with my xb is that it barely gets out of its own way until you get to third gear.
Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.