Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
To bad there isn't a scoop running down to the grill to pour air into the air box. It still looks nice and is probably the easiest to maintain filter on the planet.

You try swapping out a Vararam filter and you'll appreciate the difference.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for where and how much, I got it off Ebay for a little under 200.00, but I did research the aFe and their intakes before buying, they also make one for the tC if anyone is interested. The airbox does extend under the front support but not all the way to the grill, I'll try to take some better pictures tonight;) .

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Are you not able to run your engine cover with this intake?

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Are you not able to run your engine cover with this intake?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't look like it would fit with the engine cover on. Like the intake but just painted my engine cover and put the overlays on. I like it to much to give it up.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Engine cover fits. just wanted to touch up the paint on it and change it up a bit before putting it back on;) .

·
Registered
165 Posts
My only question is why the hell does an intake for a Scion, any Scion cost so damn much?

I mean sheesh.

No please don't try and answer that with a stupid two sentence exercise in sass-talk.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yo i got a SRI off ebay from a guy called powerimport for 20 bucks with the filter new, and it isnt any worse than the expensive name brand ones. Ebays got lots of em

·
Registered
165 Posts
You could always use drier hose...

Or REALLY wide diameter PVC piping...

...hey I have seen guys who put "custom" cold air units inside of 60k dollar cars.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats nice, i like it. ive been eyeballin the perrin intake for sometime now. i think i like the silicon tubing of the perrin, it looks like yours is plastic, correct me if im wrong. but i like the concept of this style intake.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My only question is why the hell does an intake for a Scion, any Scion cost so damn much?

I mean sheesh.

No please don't try and answer that with a stupid two sentence exercise in sass-talk.

Im not no expert or anything, but it depends on what your looking for. True performance, or something to show off at hang outs or to other people so they say "oooohhh thats pretty in your engine bay". Personally I have seen a significant difference in performance from a $75 ebay intake I bought to my new F5 Fugita SRI. I am all for functionality. And with a few more dollars you can acheive that certain level of functionality.

Then again, Im no expert or anything. But I do my research before I decide what parts to place on my car.

·
Registered
426 Posts
WVxb, looks real nice to me, I like that set up, cause just as the Perrin it puts the filter in behind the grill, giving you even more fresh air. Nice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im not no expert or anything, but it depends on what your looking for. True performance, or something to show off at hang outs or to other people so they say "oooohhh thats pretty in your engine bay". Personally I have seen a significant difference in performance from a $75 ebay intake I bought to my new F5 Fugita SRI. I am all for functionality. And with a few more dollars you can acheive that certain level of functionality.

Then again, Im no expert or anything. But I do my research before I decide what parts to place on my car.
Function over form if it goes in the engine bay as far as pricing. You can spend the extra cash on paint and sanding gear to smooth out the piping and paint it bright and shiny silver.

Plus it reflects more heat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.