Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which one will pass smog? Is it CARB Legal? Will it pass the VISUAL Inspection?

AEM 21-567?

or F5 Short Ram?

I hate living in CALI.. for this reason alone!

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Bad news first - Niether will pass smog(visual) or be Carb legal due to the carbon inserts in the factory intake - New on the 06's Lucky Us!!!!!!!!!! - But performace wise I'm going to give my nod to Fujita (I'm running thier CAI) - Great Product and Great Peeps.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
EticketXb said:
Bad news first - Niether will pass smog(visual) or be Carb legal due to the carbon inserts in the factory intake - New on the 06's Lucky Us!!!!!!!!!! - But performace wise I'm going to give my nod to Fujita (I'm running thier CAI) - Great Product and Great Peeps.
man.. but aren't MAJORITY of AEM products CARB Legal in CALI.. I mean they ARE produced in CALI.. why make a product that wouldn't pass your states laws?

ERGH! If thats the case i think i'm going FUJITA! And storing the stock intake.. til one comes out..

does anyone like the INJEN one?

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
It aint't going to matter who's intake you got untill somebody makes a cone filter w/ a carbon insert......I boxed up my stock intake incase I can't find a alterative smog location in 5 yrs....... remeber news car = No smog for 5 or 6 yrs.......hopefully by then all will be smog legal.........:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
916 Posts
THe dealer AEM intake is CARB legal but it must be installed by the dealer. But honestly dude, who cares if its carb legal or not. If you happen to get pulled over and they say pop your hood, when you go to the State rep, just put back the stock intake.

·
Registered
240 Posts
well i have been told to go to state ref in cali due to my CAI (AEM)
but the CHP told me that if the CAI meets the requirements then they will give me the E.O. sticker but im not sure wether i should put my stock intake back in or just leave my AEM in, my question is should i switch back to stock? and just keep my AEM in, what can state refs do if i do leave it in (AEM)???:confused:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think imma jst cop the 21-567 and keep the stock one.. thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
ALL DC AND AEM PRODUCTS ARE 50 STATE CARB LEGAL FOR THE SCION XB!!!!!!!!! EVEN MOST OF THEIR HEADERS!!!!!!!!! START TO SEARCH BEFORE BRINGING UP THE SAME ?'S ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but im just tired of people asking the same type of ?'s over and over again. But the AEM intake is 50 state legal for the Scion xB. Why would the dealer issue something out for purchase, which is the same product that you would get from any other store online and other places. It just doesn't cost an arm and a leg if you don't go through the dealership. Go to the AEM website and it will tell you how to obtain a EO sticker. Plus, the EO sticker should come when you get your intake. :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
ALL DC AND AEM PRODUCTS ARE 50 STATE CARB LEGAL FOR THE SCION XB!!!!!!!!! EVEN MOST OF THEIR HEADERS!!!!!!!!! START TO SEARCH BEFORE BRINGING UP THE SAME ?'S ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but im just tired of people asking the same type of ?'s over and over again. But the AEM intake is 50 state legal for the Scion xB. Why would the dealer issue something out for purchase, which is the same product that you would get from any other store online and other places. It just doesn't cost an arm and a leg if you don't go through the dealership. Go to the AEM website and it will tell you how to obtain a EO sticker. Plus, the EO sticker should come when you get your intake. :D
Calm, relaxed and laid back Pete. ;)

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Not to Burst your bubble Box - but the listing on the AEM website for the CAI is only up to 05' - all the 06's have a carbon insert in the factory intake housing that will keep the intake from being CARB legal at this point in time (possible if someone designs a carbon cone type filter) I had my Fujita CAI install by Fujita personally, at there warehouse in Temecula (they used my box as a test car) and I was informed that they would not be able to get a carb exemption on the 06's due to the factory carbon insert. Hopefully they will in time but untill then - "I'm Breaking the Law"

Not trying to hate but just trying to explain the facts and nothing but the facts.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Don't worry about hating this isn't "that place";) Oh, I know about the 06 deal. I didnt know this peep had an 06. My bad. WTF did they go and do that?!?!?!?! I bet the AM industry is just thrilled with that move from Scion. Oh yeah, on a nother note F5 Fujita is CARB pending too!!!!!!!!!!!

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
No Problem Man - Just Breaking the news to all the 06'ers as easily as possible - Don't want some fly by night shop giving bogus info to our peeps.... I was in the Auto industry for 10+ years and I left because of those shady shops giving everyone in the industry a bad rap............Thread Jack Complete!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.