Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help. I bought off another member a AEM intake kit and it is missing the Rubber Mount Bracket (The 3 hole bracket that mounts to the ballast) Does anyone have one they could trace out or give me the measurements of the holes so I can try to fab up a new one.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
21-567
Its for the 04-05, but I am putting it on the 06 I know it changes the CARB legality of it all, but I live in AZ.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Well, I think we might have the same CAI.

I just took some quick ‘pics, hope they help. (BTW my CAI has been custom painted -- it was originally yellow.)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ya know your not supposed to paint a CAI black, it just sucks in heat at every wavelengh in the spectrum (IR anyone). Especially when they are that long and have so much time to absorb.

I bet it makes little difference though since the box is a front breather.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Well, I try to learn something new every day.

Honestly, I haven’t noticed that much of a difference with the CAI anyway; it’s mostly for show. Hey I drive an automatic box. Its never ‘gonna get that fast anyway. ;)

Oh, BTW it’s not black. It’s painted camo to match the exterior. (Though I figure most dark colors would act the same way.)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Ya know your not supposed to paint a CAI black, it just sucks in heat at every wavelengh in the spectrum (IR anyone). Especially when they are that long and have so much time to absorb.

I bet it makes little difference though since the box is a front breather.
It only sucks it to the yellow powercoating though:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Honestly, I haven’t noticed that much of a difference with the CAI anyway; it’s mostly for show. Hey I drive an automatic box. Its never ‘gonna get that fast anyway. ;)

Oh, BTW it’s not black. It’s painted camo to match the exterior. (Though I figure most dark colors would act the same way.)
I hear yah there. I always paint all of my crap despite heat absorbtion.

I always go gloss black on flat black. Usually all my parts are plastic though so they don't pull heat anyway.

Mmmm plastic. Nutritous.:D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Did Mr F ever get his intake installed?

Well as long as we’re looking at the engine any thoughts for making the edges of the loom look cleaner? Mostly around the CAI bracket as seen in the second ‘pic. I tried some black electrical tape, but it didn’t stay. I’m thinking of getting some small wormhole style hose clamps and spraying them black

·
Registered
368 Posts
Pssst, don't tell anyone but you can use shrink tubing from your local electronics store.:)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
^^ You mean by putting a small bit on the ends and blasting it with a hair dryer?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Liesjemt can I get a farther out pic your engine bay with the killer glass lit up?

I'd like to see the whole thing in the daylight if possible.

It looks purty from what I can see.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thanks!
I’m afraid I don’t have any good shots with the glass lit (I keep waiting to get some after a good wash). Here is a shot from farther back that I took the other night though.

If you would like to see a video of the glass lit check the killerglass section in the dealer’s links on our club site. (The address is in my signature.) svscions shot it the night he installed it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Damn dude that is a nice looking box engine.

I like how you didn't go tacky with it and left it clean and subtle though at the same time custom and nice. The intake looks like it came from the factory. You definately get an A+ in my book and I am pretty freakin' critical when it comes to any car.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thanks!

I was trying to match as many things camo as possible. I stole the battery cover from svscions when he got a larger one. I’m trying to decide if I want to get it painted camo to match or go the other way and have the fuse box covers painted with the same waterspot pattern. I wouldn’t want to do anymore than that. I just love the confusion from folks @ shows that can’t decide if it’s real or paint. I’m thinking of posting up a thread with a poll.

Oh, and BTW, I’m not a dude ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.