Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Aem cold air intake and its not for the 06'. I called Aem and they said they do not recommend I install this intake on my car. It's for the 04'-05' only. Has anybody heard that our engines are different enough to warrant this? :confused: I thought as most people i'm sure that they were exactly the same... I bought a part# 21-567...they say it should be a 21-572...Has anyone heard of this...please enlighten me...:mad:

·
Registered
352 Posts
with the 06 scions. they use a carbon filter element in their air filter in the air box. to technically make it legal, and have a carb eo nubmer on an 06 the intake companies will have to come out with a carbon element air filter that uses the same cone shape. to my knowledge, no one has made it yet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
what do you mean its not for the 06 i have an 06 box and i bought and installed the AEM intake for the 04-05...and it works...have you tried installing it?

·
Registered
240 Posts
well its like this i have an 06 i have headers and an aem intake which are for the 04-05 boxes...and i installed both with no problems...which i know now since i added my tanabe exhaust and removed the resonator im no longer smog legal...so its up to you the more power you start to add to your car the closer it is to not being smog legal...but i kept all my stock stuff just in case i need to pass smog...

·
Registered
240 Posts
the only sensor is the o2 sensor and that was a cake walk to install...as soon as i got the piping in and bolted down there wernt any problems just follow the instructions and you'll do fine

·
Registered
240 Posts
its a plug and play system which if you have hand tools its should also be a kake walk for you too:D

·
Registered
827 Posts
I cant remember where I read it on this forum, but didn't someone install a CAI on their '06 and had some problems with hesitating? I have been afraid to buy one because of that. So yours works fine, so maybe I will look into it again. Is yours a 2006.5? I know they made some changes to the boxes for the 1\2 model year like steering wheel radio controls and such, but I was wondering if the newest ones may have the issues when adding the CAI. I really want one, but I want to make sure it will run OK. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
309 Posts
that is ridiculous that its no longer smog legal because of a damn paper air filter. we still get like 30mpg with our cars while there are escalades driving around with 15 mpg.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.