Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Does it mount the same way as the original Fabulous or bBist Fab style wing?

I have both and they mount the same way w/ U style clips and double sided tape.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. It's the same thing. Just better looking IMO. Hardly any seam. Plus I know the owner, so said I'd fly it for him. I just need to know where exactly where to put the DS tape and what size allan head screws to use.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I think you should take the camera with you before you go to dinner and do a "Dating DIY" as well :D

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Alright, just take the doule sided tape and stick it to the back part of the wing (the part that will be vertical against the car). I didnt put any on the part that is horizontal and mines lasted on over 110 mph runs. Push it strong on their and keep it held up with the help of a friend. Dont let it sag at this point, as I would be afraid it might fall. Then drill out the side dimples, insert U-clip such that it goes on the sheet metal of the back hatch and in the dimple. Screw it down until its taught, but stop when you head the "cricks" of the fiberglass giving way. I went slow till I heard a "crick" then backed it out a half turn. Holds damn good and I think would be hard to get off aside from jumping and holding on to the wing. Does this help?

Make sure you get the wiper hole positioned just right, as some people on SL havent and it looks like sh*t. Take your time and align it right, then press it on. Dont rush this step. Any questions, feel free to PM me or just post up and ask. Ive had mine off 3 times now so Ive gotten damn used to it!

Scott

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, I put ds tape along the leading edge on top, and on the sides, but none on the back. Its been there ever since, but I may need to take it off soon.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
undertheradar said:
Any pics of this wing and the way it mounts? I'm having a hard time visualizing.
This style on my xB:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

can you see what the red arrow is pointing to? i know its hard to tell but thats the clip. theres one on each side to attach metal to wing. ill try to get more pics one of these days if you need anymore help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.