Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never really cared much for my car until i got the xb and i was wondering are there any tips for prolonging the life of the paint ? I want to keep my xb as new as possible.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Cleaning

I used to be die hard Meguiars. But then I was at a car show and a guy helped me clean my truck. He had something called Adams Polishes which I saw at shows but didnt know anyone running. The results where just amazing. I gave all of my Meguiars away to my brother and other people and now own every product that Adams makes. They also offer Dvds to teach you proper car care they have a customer service number which one of the guys "woody" that answers the phone is just the most helpful guy ever.

Check out there site.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Where can this be purchased store wise I mean?

We bought Eagle One bc my brother in law had asked at Auto Zone about the best wax and they told him to get that and Im telling you, his paint looks BRAND NEW!!! Hes had his box over two years and it shines like a brand new paint and gloss!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I use Shining Monkey, and before that Mequiar's. In the early 80s I used Klasse. That stuff was great!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
any of you guys know anything about using clay bars? i heard that it can smooth out your car's paint or something...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clay bars are really simple to use -- basically just spray the fluid they give you in the set, rub w/ the clay bar, then wipe off the leftover fluid. Do it in about 2' square sections, don't press hard, and keep kneading the bar so as to keep the clay fresh and clean. I use the Meguire's kit and it works great -- smooth as glass after your done. One thing, you need to apply wax right after you clay, so make sure you got enough time set aside to do both. Still, it worth it, paint looks better than new and shines like hell. :)

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
hmm...thanks for the advice! ill do that when i have the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Provided the weather does as forecasted, I'll be giving VooDoo his first washing tomorrow. Not that it's going to be that warm, but it'll be sunny and dry....I'll be using the LiquiTech I used on my VW, it's a great product! Probably finishing off with the Eagle product that waxes as you dry. VW rebadges Eagle and I was pleased with that as well....

·
Registered
142 Posts
i used mothers carnuba wax yesterday and i am very pleased with the shine. i'll try and get pictures up later

·
Registered
21 Posts
i use a spray wax(ill post a pic and the name later).....its better than turtle wax, but it keeps rainning or snowing in chicago

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
Glare polish

One of our SEHC members has a detailing business. He turned us on to this incredible polish. http://www.autopolish.net/

I have a TCM xb and the shine is unreal! I thought I was getting a shine with carnuba (even after breaking my back with that stuff). This stuff is kind of pricey but well worth it. If you know Marshall (black widow xb) he used the Glare spider to remove some swirls and he said this stuff really works. This polish last a long time too. It says something crazy like 60 months, but i'm not going that long without polish. But we just had like 41 days of rain and the shine and polish held up in that time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I must be an old fogie.....wash with zip wash/wax and finish off with turtle paste...the roof is the buggar...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
sounds like what i do ^

I use the generic Zip wash, wax it with the turtle wax rub on crap, then use Black Magic spray on detailer. i use Turtle wax F21 wheel cleaner, then Shining Money or Eagle tire shine.

i gotta clay mine pretty soon. 2 years of driving on gravel roads and dusty Nebraska plains. im scared to see what its gonna pick up since ive never done it before.

scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
also, a cool little vid of a EXTREME car cleaning. pretty pimp stuff.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04-20-06pageExtremeCarDetailing.htm

also, the BEST wax that is somewhat affordable, is Zymbol. stuff is insane. then again it is 80 dollars a can. for the price though, it is a pretty awesome shine. it might be going on my ride before long. (you put it on like the guy in the vid)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.