Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a new xB automatic with 82 miles that we bought less than a week ago. Yesterday, when shifting from park to reverse there was a loud metallic click coming from the drivetrain. It happens on level ground when holding the foot on the brake and shifting from park to reverse prior to moving. It does not happen when shifting from drive to reverse or reverse to park. It also does not happen when the car actually starts moving. It happens about 1/2 of the time when shifting from park to reverse. Anyone else had this problem? What causes it? I checked all the posts here and on other sites and noted someone else had it but did not post any more info. I bought this car as a replacement for two older cars that I got tired of working on every weekend. Now I have a problem on the new car. I did not want to see the dealer again until I needed my free oil change in 6 months. Now my wife has to take time off work to take it in which is what we had hoped to avoid.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I dont like the sound of that (no pun intended), but drive it for a couple of days and see if it is only when cold or hot. Or it might subside. Welcome to the club

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:confused: maybe a bad tranny mount /maybe the rubber in it didnt get molded in right . well let us know what the dealer says .

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
First of all Welcome to the club. I have a manual trans. so I can't help there but over all the box is very dependable car. I would take it in and have it checked out just to be safe. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the rapid and kind replies and welcomes to the club. I will have the problem checked out after giving the car a few days to "cure" itself. I suppose I could put it up on jack stands and listen and watch while my wife puts it into gear. I hate to have to do this because I bought the new car so I would not have to crawl under it until the free oil changes ran out. I suppose at least I won't get greasy. I was semi-planning on waxing the underbody when I had time so this would be a good chance to try out the jacking points (the manual illustrates these). Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.