Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are a lot of threads out there about interior L.E.Ds, but none of them seem to answer my question. the question i have for the L.E.D gurus out there is, how many L.E.D's can i safely hook up directly to the pos and neg tabs of the dome light? i ordered pre-wired L.E.Ds and here are the specs: (i got this directly from the the website)
High Power 20-80mA 4 chips White 10mm LED

Vf: Typ 3.3V
Iv: 10000-18000mcd @ 80mA, Total power 825,000mcd*
Iv: 20lm @ 80mA Max, 1W power ~53lm*
Viewing Angle: 55 Degree
Color : Pure White
Super Reliable LED, 15 MIL chips

.... thanks for the advice.....

·
lets play beer pong!
274 Posts
as far i as know led,s pull next to no power a small percentage of a watt and im shure you could hook up as many as you want as long as you make good conections:D

·
lets play beer pong!
274 Posts
80 milliamps thats not much power at all so hook up as many as you want that is what the 20-80 ma is so if it were me id go for it

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
No worries, hook them all up. The draw is so low it won't cause you any problems.

If you're Box blows up and burns it's not my fault. <<<< Just CYA. :D

·
lets play beer pong!
274 Posts
by the way the tabs on the dome light not such a conection spot id recomend splicing in to the wireing

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks all for the reply, i figured they will be drawing up little power, but i also forgot to mention that i will be hooking them up parallel, will that be a problem?.. thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.