Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read the threads about the variable intermittent front wiper stalk swaps from various models but what I keep reading is about the rear wiper having lo/hi/off settings and only lo setting working due to needing the 2 speed wiper motor. Here's why I am optimistic about the stalk I bought. The rear wiper settings are int & on with upper and lower spray. I'm hoping that since this stalk only has 1 speed with intermittent that the intermittent will actually work and then on will just be the constant single speed there is now..........here is pic of the stalk. Once I receive it and install it I will report back with results & part number and specific markings on it if it does actually work...............................

adj_int_stalk.jpg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is pic of other stalks I see and read about...look at rear wiper settings.....off, lo & hi. That would be why it needs 2 speed motor and won't do rear int.

In the pic in post 1 you can see it has off, int & on. This makes me think the int may work since the xB single speed motor. The stalk in this post doesn't even have int for rear wiper.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
I installed one from a Toyota Matrix. The front wipers are exact positions as original, with additional intermittent time settings available. The rear wiper has three positions: Off; Intermittent; and momentary spray. The intermittent does not function on mine.

I have meant to explore getting the intermittent feature to work, but never got around to it.

Interested to see what you configure.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm, was hoping for easy on this. Guess the logic for int is only in the front control. Not sure of a way around it.........yet. Oh well, certainly don't need the 2 speed constant back there. When I did stalk swap on Mazda it did work but may have already had int on rr, just not variable int up front. Guess it'll still be better than hitting mist every few seconds on fronts when the 1spd int isn't in sync with rain................Stalk also looks cooler too

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,447 Posts
It can be made to work but it requires redoing wiring at the wiper motor to do it. There's a how to on PriusChat, I think, about doing. Personally I never used the rear one much so I just removed mine and shaved the hatch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll check it out......done a few wiring projects lately so I'm conditioned for it, lol...............

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, int for rr wiper on adj int stalk no worky and to make it work involves wiring in a int control board to wiper motor back inside hatch from what i've found so far. Still researcing options along those lines.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts