1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a good weekend:

1) I wired my fogs so I can have them on w/o the headlights

2) Then I got my bB badge.

3) Last, I hooked up my patch wires (no pics of amps/sub, but they are on the way)

If only every weekend could be that good. Not sure what my next mod will be, but I'm sure it'll have LED's in it. I'll keep you posted.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Nice, you picked up my buddy's amp wiring kit. Gordon does some really nice installs out here.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were 47 shipped. Yes, outs only...no rs3 for me :(

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Can you post the directions for wiring the fogs to work without the headlights please?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
It would be nice to wire the fogs to come on with the parking lights, but you cant you get ticketed is the fogs are on with the brights??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fog light thing is easy, but not complete. The way it’s done now they’ll stay on all the time, even with the car off. I still need to tie it into the relay for the parking lights but here’s how I got to this point:
1) Remove the left and right a/c knobs and the screws behind them.
2) Gently pull on the bottom of the surround and work your way up. It doesn’t need to come all the way off.
3) Remove the oven and disconnect the clip from the fog light switch.
4) Open the clip by popping open the top of the clip with a small flat head screwdriver.
5) With that same driver, push the white wire out of the clip and reconnect it the positive post on the switch. Close the clip and set it off to the side, you’re done with it now.
6) Now make a small patch wire with a female connector on one end and a ring connector on the other.
7) Connect the female side to the neg. post on the fog light switch and the ring side to the mounting screw right behind the oven.
8 ) Reassemble in the reverse order.

I hope to have some time this weekend to take some pictures and I'll make it a DIY post. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.