Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a full vacuum and refill of r134a last year, AC was working great but this summer I noticed it was blowing little warm.
When idling, the air is around 75 when ambient is 85 but when I rev above 2500, AC blows 60 degrees.

Touching the low or high pressure hoses, it’s not cold at all, I recall it was cold last year. Is it normal?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did a full vacuum and refill of r134a last year, AC was working great but this summer I noticed it was blowing little warm.
When idling, the air is around 75 when ambient is 85 but when I rev above 2500, AC blows 60 degrees.

Touching the low or high pressure hoses, it’s not cold at all, I recall it was cold last year. Is it normal?
You could be having issues with the compressor. How old is it? Was it ever replaced?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm figuring when you charge it and it runs out quickly it's the compressor- AC compressors and units do leak r134 but it's only supposed to be a tiny bit- my guess is the compressor. That's my 02 cents- others should chime in.
thanks, if it is a compressor- is that the only thing that needs to be changed? condenser shouldn't need a change right?
Any recc of what compressor to replace with, OEM Denso or another equivalent from Rockauto

·
Registered
222 Posts
thanks, if it is a compressor- is that the only thing that needs to be changed? condenser shouldn't need a change right?
Any recc of what compressor to replace with, OEM Denso or another equivalent from Rockauto
I would go OEM if that's too much Denso is top notch too- I don't think the condenser needs changing- see how much it is anyway-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts