Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
About You Now
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a good site that explains (in a nutshell) what this is about. Best Power Inverters - Power Inverter Reviews - Power Inverters for Cars However, since I am NOT technically inclined as far as electronic whatchamacallits, I still need a little bit/ better understanding on how they work (conversion from voltage to wattage and all the sheezy) So, if anyone can shed light to the mysteries, please do so.

I'm trying to find what type of power inverter I will need in running these electronics all together with a separate power source.

1. 120V 60Hz
2. 9V
3. 120V 60Hz

What would be the wattage all together? And if someone could explain the arithmetic behind it. Also, an advice on what models (three plug ins) would work best.

Much appreciated.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,499 Posts
I'm trying to find what type of power inverter I will need in running these electronics all together with a separate power source.

1. 120V 60Hz
2. 9V
3. 120V 60Hz

What would be the wattage all together? And if someone could explain the arithmetic behind it. Also, an advice on what models (three plug ins) would work best.

Much appreciated.
A power inverter will not run all three of those. It'll run both of the 120V devices, you'll need a step down tranformer for the 9V device. Can't tell you what wattage you need as you didn't list the amperage of each device. What are you trying to power up? Also here is a site that calculate inverter wattage requirements How to Calculate Wattage for Power Inverters

·
About You Now
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply GregS. I double checked the tags, and each posted its wattage rates. So, I believe that made it easier. Since I'm running three items, all I would have to do is add all the wattage and the end product of that should be the needed wattage of the power inverter?

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,499 Posts
all I would have to do is add all the wattage and the end product of that should be the needed wattage of the power inverter?
Yeap. Give it at least a 10% overage for spikes and a little saftey padding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts