Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha~ My first post here. Thank you to everyone who shares what and how they do to their XB!

AC compressor locked up and ripped/threw the belt. Not in a place ($$) where I can replace the compressor (and all the other related parts…..which sounds like, basically every part, just to eliminate the possibility of contamination of a new system…) and wondering if anyone can share a part number for a belt which bypasses the AC and still catches the alternator and water-pump.

I saw somewhere someone mentioned a 360K4 belt from Autozone and wonder if that number translates to a 360 mm length, 4 groove belt? Anyone have a NAPA or other part number No Autozone store here, though I suppose if that is correct number, I might be able to find one online.

Thanks for any advice/assistance….

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Not sure, lemme check.... this gates site lets you search by inches or mm to find belts and gives part numbers tho.......

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
OK, the part number from autozone is their valuecraft 4 rib belt that is 36.7 inches in length. If that is the belt someone used to bypass the AC then you can find whatever brand 4 rib belt part number using that length.....

Gates Micro-V K040360......36.75"

Goodyear.........

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I haven't done a bypass belt for the xB but have played around with shorter belts on my Mazda that has a smaller underdrive crank pulley. Let us know how this turns out and what length belt works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts